As a resident of The Junction this will be transformational as it is the first redevelopment to actually be on Bloor rather than a blocks adjacent!

So isn't this the result of this?:

No permits have been applied for as yet, let alone issued, so this is awhile away.

However.........

We know that Mx already had bids out for building the new Bloor-Lansdowne station (for GO) here.
Those bids were due to close April 5th.

See my post, here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/smarttrack-proposed.21038/post-1922477

I'm not sure whether the was work was programmed to run ahead of the developer here, or in conjunction with them.
...though I would figure ML/the Province would need some sort of formal permit to start digging/demoing part's of The City's jurisdictions. And if that's what's going on here.

It's time. That store hasn't changed a bit since I first went there in the mid 90's. Crappy looking.

Speaking as someone who had to rebuild her entire wardrobe from scratch over the last few years, i like this Value Village! It'll be missed. (And replaced by the new VV that's opening on Dovercourt with less stuff at higher prices :/ )

Speaking as someone who had to rebuild her entire wardrobe from scratch over the last few years, i like this Value Village! It'll be missed. (And replaced by the new VV that's opening on Dovercourt with less stuff at higher prices :/ )
Don't get me wrong, I've bought many choice items of strange clothing there over the years myself (even very recently!), but I just grew very tired of the shabby look of the place.

Also, I'm very surprised that you're female!

So isn't this the result of this?:

...though I would figure ML/the Province would need some sort of formal permit to start digging/demoing part's of The City's jurisdictions. And if that's what's going on here.
Mlinx doesn't need to zone anything, nor do they have to apply for SPA. However they have on several other station projects (Caledonia, for example) out of a 'good corporate citizen' approach. I'd expect the same here, but we've not yet seen anything so who knows.

Taken 7 September.

IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8174.jpeg
IMG_8175.jpeg
IMG_8176.jpeg
IMG_8177.jpeg

Back