Not the exact way I would put it..........

But not a take I would disagree with either...............

It is, charitably, disappointing.
In fairness it's a slight improvement over the old design, as far as complimenting the old diner, which isn't exactly setting the bar high.

Avenue road will be changing.......in a big way......stay tuned.
Is that definitive? Seems like a pretty impactful change to a major arterial. Does this not have to be approved by council? How can the developer just make the assumption that they will get the lane closure in their application?

Is that definitive? Seems like a pretty impactful change to a major arterial. Does this not have to be approved by council?

It will have to be approved by Council, when the time comes.

How can the developer just make the assumption that they will get the lane closure in their application?

Technically, they can't. In practice, the City will almost certainly give it to them.

The City regularly permits closures that are not compliant with City policy. See the whole 'The One' thread for an example.

New renderings are updated in the database. The only changes are the total unit count reduced from 333 units to 330 units. Rendering are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission.

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 15  2023-34.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 15  2023-35.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 15  2023-36.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 15  2023-37.jpg

I'm curious to know if anyone knows anything about 207 and 209 Avenue Road where were also sold to Tribute last year for a combined $7.965M? There is also 211 Avenue rd which was sold to 1140 Yonge Inc which corresponds to the replacement high rise of the staples building at 1140 Younge.
t207-209 combined lots are 3359 sqft occupied by a dog grooming business and hair salon.
Maybe Tribute is thinking of brining a new low rise building here..

1713646998663.png

Maybe

Back