Now that the height is known, I'll cut my model back a little bit... to 216 metres.
That's fine a little shorter but it'll still have a present among the other tall buildings with its rustic orange columns beside them lol!

Screenshot_20231016_214410_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20231016_214354_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Agree. It's a welcomed change from the bland vapid designs we typically get. For the most part,1990-2020 has been excruciating from an architectural point of view. No personality.
Mostly big on the bargain spandrel and little on substance and quality. /sigh

/\ Just a zoning play so it'll sit like this for awhile. They're trying to re-lease vacant Shoe Company space now.
Sorry, are you referring to the payless shoe store at the corner of Yonge-Charles? That building is not owned by Republic or Silver Hotel Group and is not part of this project. Though I've heard rumblings about a tower being contemplated there by KingSett from a few lawyers. Last I recall, they gave up and just stuck to one tower at 645 Yonge. I doubt tower separation of 5m will be acceptable to the city lol

As for when 15 Charles will go ahead - given this site is owned by the Silver Hotel Group and they recently renovated the hotel, including the commercial offerings on the ground floor, I don't anticipate this will be redeveloped at least for 5 years. But who knows! All in all, I would say @ProjectEnd is right that this is a zoning play

Sorry, are you referring to the payless shoe store at the corner of Yonge-Charles? That building is not owned by Republic or Silver Hotel Group and is not part of this project. Though I've heard rumblings about a tower being contemplated there by KingSett from a few lawyers. Last I recall, they gave up and just stuck to one tower at 645 Yonge. I doubt tower separation of 5m will be acceptable to the city lol

As for when 15 Charles will go ahead - given this site is owned by the Silver Hotel Group and they recently renovated the hotel, including the commercial offerings on the ground floor, I don't anticipate this will be redeveloped at least for 5 years. But who knows! All in all, I would say @ProjectEnd is right that this is a zoning play
Right you are, my bad. KS aren't going to get a tower on that so it looks like it'll remain lowrise for now. All the Silver stuff was a great DM contract for Republic but not sure what's going to happen with those sites now. Any insight, @RepublicDevelopments?

Back