What changed here from the previous version??....as i recall the local councillor and city were all negative of the height + infringement on the TTC lands next door.

What changed here from the previous version??....as i recall the local councillor and city were all negative of the height + infringement on the TTC lands next door.

Looks like they acquired some adjacent lands to bring the FAR more in line with planning. .

Trinity Group's website shows a good aerial perspective of the site and properties involved:

1540 BLOOR ST W
Ward 04 - Tor & E.York District

Development Applications

Proposal for a 25-storey mixed-use building comprised of a 6-storey podium and 19-storey tower element. The proposal will contain approximately 806.89 m² of non-residential gross floor area and 25,637.61 m² residential gross floor area with a total of 327 residential dwelling units. 100 parking spaces will be provided in a below grade parking garage.

(Possible) renders from Trinity Group's project page

1576826194299.png

1576826260023.png

1576826285374.png

Last edited:
This proposal is already a write off. The podium is hideous, oversized, and clunky.

As was said above, it just blends into the current surrounding sterile environment. I'd rather just have this site stay vacant for another 3 years until a better proposal comes along; Trinity get out of here with this nonsense.

This most recent iteration is by far the worst and shouldn't go forward. Is there any way that members of the surrounding community can object to this project? Are the developers required to host a public meeting about their proposal?

This most recent iteration is by far the worst and shouldn't go forward. Is there any way that members of the surrounding community can object to this project? Are the developers required to host a public meeting about their proposal?
Haha, don't worry the local councillor is probably already working on it to 'make it disappear,..i'm just wondering, how many times will a developer have to submit a proposal and years will it take to finally see something built at this intersection?

Why is all the definition and gradual changes in the back while the front looks like 3 unrelated buildings stacked on each other? This project is such a flop.

Back