I'm going to postulate instead, that along with Union Park, The Hub and 191 Bay St, I suspect they are biding their time till the economy picks up again. Or alternatively, if not...or not in a way they where expecting, then their plans will probably change.

If 1992's 18% office vacancy rate experience is comparable to our recent 15%, it might be 15 years before we see office buildings of that size being constructed again.

I expect we'll see a few attempts to convert sites to a hotel/residential/mall mix.

Last edited:
If 1992's 18% office vacancy rates experience is comparable to our recent 15%, it might be 15 years before we see office buildings of that size being constructed again.

I expect we'll see a few attempts to convert sites to a hotel/residential/mall mix.
In 15 years we may see an entirely different office market with different demands and needs for office space thanks to the rise in work from home.

...the dirty secret here is that I'm not going to give any timeline for recovery. Knowing it could be within year...or long after most of posters here are pushing daisies. My only advise: Don't hold your breaths! >.<

IMG_1115.jpeg

If 1992's 18% office vacancy rate experience is comparable to our recent 15%, it might be 15 years before we see office buildings of that size being constructed again.

We also need to bear in mind that we are in the very early days of a revolution in the workforce that will largely be driven by AI. The potential displacement of the office workforce will likely eclipse any impact that 'working from home' has on vacancy rates. I suspect we may see a time in the not-too-distant future when we look back fondly on the days when we only had a vacancy rate of 15%, and when residents in their high-end units at 'Commerce Court' and the 'TD Centre' reminisce about a time when their buildings were once filled with office workers.

Last edited:
Wonder when is TD gonna get those logos working? I assume it will similar to the one on top of Brookfield Place.

Back