One person's "tacky" is another person's "vibrant". I'm in the vibrant camp with this one.
I feel the same way. Don’t we all yearn for a little pizzazz in the skyline? So many of our buildings seem like wall flowers that shy away from the spotlight. It’s like they were purposefully built as grey cookie-cutters to just disappear quietly as background buildings. Let’s thump our chest a little, and have a few more buildings that can define our skyline a little more uniquely. And even a bit of a wow factor. 160 Front ticks off that box for me.

...I believe other towers would need permission from The City to do so,
Apparently not;
Screenshot_20240208_232525_Chrome.jpg
The city only provides "guidance" in regards to architectural lighting, although I can definitely see that changing if more people start complaining about 'light pollution' going forward. It's only building signage that requires approval for now.

The idea of light pollution being a concern is inane, considering the context, but I suppose pseudo-NIMBY attitudes might try to tame this lighting arrangement to a much lesser extent than we see now.
I'd love to see more lights on say, some of the Southcore towers or say, the RBC Waterpark Building, or the RBC building by Roy Thompson Hall.

That bull does look like a cheap knock-off of Wall St.

No more than the Wall Street bull being a cheap knock off of Frankfurt. The bull and bear were placed in front of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in 1985 as part of the 400th celebration of the exchange. The German one came first.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any commentary or photos of the event space at the top of this building. I assume that it is still being worked on.

I feel the same way. Don’t we all yearn for a little pizzazz in the skyline? So many of our buildings seem like wall flowers that shy away from the spotlight. It’s like they were purposefully built as grey cookie-cutters to just disappear quietly as background buildings. Let’s thump our chest a little, and have a few more buildings that can define our skyline a little more uniquely. And even a bit of a wow factor. 160 Front ticks off that box for me.

Pizzazz is one thing, something looks like a giant lightbright from the 80's is not pizzazz.

Back