Chris R.

Member Bio
Reaction score
Formal Consultation here:

FC-23-096: To develop a 21-storey multiple dwelling (66 metres), with a 6-storey podium, containing 249 residential units and four levels of underground parking (144 vehicle parking spaces and 84 long term bicycle parking spaces).

Current site: https://maps.app.goo.gl/nJdprEt6k2iEjjcv7

1000000344.png

Last edited:
Perfect for this intersection, also excited to see that this is LJMseeing as they have a history of follow through. Hope the history of this site, I believe being a gas station, does not deter them.

Perfect for this intersection, also excited to see that this is LJMseeing as they have a history of follow through. Hope the history of this site, I believe being a gas station, does not deter them.
They do, but they do it slowwwwlllyyy. Their Stoney Creek proposal on Highway 8 has been sitting for absolutely forever.

LJM has 3-4 projects that are sold out or near sold out but have yet to start construction.

If you buy this, you will wait minimum 10 years.
they sell before they have approvals often. In the case of the one at Queenston and Nash, they sold it before they even *filed* their application.

That said - the one on Highway 8 in Stoney Creek was approved a year ago or so now and they still haven't started construction.

They do have a record of actually building, they are building the LJM tower on Barton right now.. they are just very, very slow to start construction.

they sell before they have approvals often. In the case of the one at Queenston and Nash, they sold it before they even *filed* their application.

That said - the one on Highway 8 in Stoney Creek was approved a year ago or so now and they still haven't started construction.

They do have a record of actually building, they are building the LJM tower on Barton right now.. they are just very, very slow to start construction.
They cancel project if it's too risky or too low margin as it did in 2021.

Most likely they would want to build the one by Lincoln with two towers. They sold a lot of units there and land was probably dirt cheap. Levies are probably less and overall better portfolio to hold.

But who knows...Queenston condo is in a great location by LRT...LJM is going to negotiate the development charges which seem to be huge based on what I have read from the city staffer....

Last edited:
Nice design for the area, but the tiny amount of retail is disappointing though not shocking.

Worse still, the City has a planned Slip Lane for this very corner … smh …

This contradicts Vision Zero, Complete Streets, and the BLAST Transit Network as both A & S rapid transit lines will intersect at this exact corner.

Hamilton is such a joke. Or scam. You choose.

Despite being on the edge of the city, the area has a decent amount of amenities and a strong walk score (80). However, there definitely needs to be some traffic calming along Upper James, including the immediate intersection at Rymal, which I would argue is one of Hamilton's worse.

Nice design for the area, but the tiny amount of retail is disappointing though not shocking.

Worse still, the City has a planned Slip Lane for this very corner … smh …

This contradicts Vision Zero, Complete Streets, and the BLAST Transit Network as both A & S rapid transit lines will intersect at this exact corner.

Hamilton is such a joke. Or scam. You choose.
Agreed. I was wondering why it was designed so far back from the street. Is there even retail proposed here? I thought I read through and saw zero retail space.

Despite being on the edge of the city, the area has a decent amount of amenities and a strong walk score (80). However, there definitely needs to be some traffic calming along Upper James, including the immediate intersection at Rymal, which I would argue is one of Hamilton's worse.

There’s a slight hill on Upper James just south of Rymal, where it essentially becomes a highway.

Drivers fly down this hill as they approach Rymal. It’s not a comfortable intersection to cross, especially since the pedestrian light doesn’t last long enough to cross fully.

Imagine how scary that is for an elderly person or someone with a mobility issue!

Solution? Slip Lanes! Add more potential collision points … smh

Agreed. I was wondering why it was designed so far back from the street. Is there even retail proposed here? I thought I read through and saw zero retail space.

There appears to be a (maybe) 600 sq.ft. space that maybe Subway can move into.

Personally I think the CIBC would fit into this design perfectly! They could even have a car-centric ATM in the back.

The current CIBC is a stucco box literally in the middle of this giant parking lot.

Back