New submission went to Planning in November.

No change in the 18s proposed height fronting Eastern, massing looks pretty similar at first blush too:

1675090195149.png

I don't see much in the way of significant change.

The only new development that I can discern is the proposed Queen St. Streetscape for which we now have a limited sketch:

1675090541137.png

@HousingNowTO may wish to note that the CreateTO agenda for next week is now up and includes a Housing Now program update. I'm afraid to report, progress appears to have been negligible.

City/Cllr. Bradford et. al....

"No....we don't have time to expropriate the Harvey's...........no we don't have time to do consultation to include the small, aging TCHC building...."

From the latest tracking report to CreateTO:

1699372236971.png

Oh yes you did! What a complete waste of time and effort, a half-assed proposal that will be opposed by the Community at every turn and under-achieve in every respect, all cause we had to hurry.........

Source:

The latest Housing Now tracking report, to the next meeting of CreateTO's Board suggests maybe, just maybe, this is inching forward:

From the above:

1707490598328.png

1707490613758.png

Regrettably, I feel near certain this one will head to OLT on appeal by neighbours and could end up with 175 Cummer type delays. I hope to be wrong on that........

The latest Housing Now tracking report, to the next meeting of CreateTO's Board suggests maybe, just maybe, this is inching forward:

From the above:

View attachment 539309
View attachment 539310

Regrettably, I feel near certain this one will head to OLT on appeal by neighbours and could end up with 175 Cummer type delays. I hope to be wrong on that........
Our volunteers have advised the City to use the MZO or CIHA model on all HOUSING NOW sites moving forward, based on their OLT experience at BOROUGH DRIVE, etc.

Please keep in mind that time travels at a much slower rate at this intersection. What seems like years from our perspective, feels like a few days in this place. When I took this picture, it really did feel like Housing NOW but when I walked to the other side of Coxwell, it felt more like Housing NNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW........

That's also why it feels like Brad Bradford has spent more time making a stink about reconfiguring Woodbine and toboggan hills than this housing site and these misplaced hydro poles. He actually made a public fuss about it a couple of years ago, but he did it in the bubble, so it hasn't caught up with our time yet. He also lost the election because the votes from this location won't be counted for another seven years.

1631queen-e-001.jpg

Please keep in mind that time travels at a much slower rate at this intersection. What seems like years from our perspective, feels like a few days in this place. When I took this picture, it really did feel like Housing NOW but when I walked to the other side of Coxwell, it felt more like Housing NNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW........

That's also why it feels like Brad Bradford has spent more time making a stink about reconfiguring Woodbine and toboggan hills than this housing site and these misplaced hydro poles. He actually made a public fuss about it a couple of years ago, but he did it in the bubble, so it hasn't caught up with our time yet. He also lost the election because the votes from this location won't be counted for another seven years.

View attachment 572165

Two Words: "Not Wrong"

Back