Unless there's something I'm unaware of but hasn't the sales centre been closed for months now? Marketing and sales operations appeared to have stalled.

About a month or two ago I saw some workers replacing some cabinets in the sales centre. I'm guessing they are reworking the suites or possibly rebranding the project.

Rebranding would a smart decision. Maybe begin with fundamentals and come up a fresh name to start over. I understand the acronym but "fad"s are usually transitional and don't have much lasting appeal.

This is one of the downtown projects I really wanted to get built. Sharp design, and should encourage future development along Spadina. The parking lots just north and across the street should make for interesting infill.

The exterior skin has been redesigned, but everything else pretty much remains the same (floorplans, interior design and amenities). I miss the old warehouse look that suits the neighbourhood nicely. The exterior is another wash of staggered graphic elements which has become a cliché of Toronto condo design.
Changing the name from FAD to 170 Spadina is a really wise move -- why can't more condo developments be known by their address rather than some pretentious marketing-driven theme?

It's 4 storeys shorter than what was originally planned. Locals, the planning department, and Adam Vaughan all want to keep the heights along Spadina down north of Adelaide so that the street maintains a similar character to what is there now. Looks like Tri-Win has mostly acquiesced to local political will here.

I preferred the warehouse-style exterior here too. The old name? Glad it was just a passing___.

Wow, this redesign is sharp! I'm actually a big fan from what I see.

- ground level looks very appropriate to the area
- upper part of the tower still has a warehouse inspired "grid" of windows
- it's not fully glazed and makes use of varied materials
- it has several transitions along its entire height which creates a less uniform facade

The old one tried to look like a warehouse and didn't. It always looked oddly 'heavy' to me. This one is much more visually engaging.

I strongly disagree.The exterior design went from inoffensive to a jumbled mess. Toronto is messy enough, without this crap adding more visual clutter, which is really just a box with some very confused and lazy surface treatments. What is the logic behind the 4 part partition? There is no sense of any thought being given to the interaction between the four elements. The ground floor looks nondescript, the dark section looks like a throw-back to some of our ugly commieblocks, the light layer looks like just about every condo out there, and the ubiquitous Toronto hat is just the perfect cherry on these three layers of uninspired garbage.

I strongly disagree.The exterior design went from inoffensive to a jumbled mess. Toronto is messy enough, without this crap adding more visual clutter, which is really just a box with some very confused and lazy surface treatments. What is the logic behind the 4 part partition? There is no sense of any thought being given to the interaction between the four elements. The ground floor looks nondescript, the dark section looks like a throw-back to some of our ugly commieblocks, the light layer looks like just about every condo out there, and the ubiquitous Toronto hat is just the perfect cherry on these three layers of uninspired garbage.

Totally agree. I didn't love the first one, but it was much better than this. It doesn't even manage to look appealing in the rendering, something that most render artists make sure of. It doesn't even come close to working with its surroundings, it really craps all over them, actually.

Let's go for plan C with this one. Plan A was alright, plan B is garbage.

Where have they gone??

Hi.
Does anyone know what's happening with the project. Last I heard they were going to relaunch as 170 Spadina.
That was last fall when I was told they couldn't tell me much as they were still sorting things out...sounded like about a month for more info at the time. Well...that was a long time ago now and there seems to be full radio silence now. Website is gone (both for FAD and 170).
I can't find any current info. Anyone have any idea?
Thanks

It seems that buildings on Spadina never end up happening; they just get delayed forever and disappear for some reason.

Definitely in limbo. Very difficult to get any solid info. I don't think the plug's officially been pulled though.
For so much talk about it around launch, there's been zero mention of it good or bad in the past half year.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 2C2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 203067 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 7, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign. **Fashion District Condominium**

Back