The balcony motif immediately reminded me of when a window or dialog used to freeze in Windows and you dragged it around. Maybe that's what happened while they were designing it? My fellow elder Millennials know what I'm talking about:

unnamed.png

Kirkor is weird arsed when it comes to their designs. That is, when they try to be different they seem to miss the nuance of what really being different is about, for bad or good. I can see why they drive ProjectEnd-san batty. >.<

The new stats are updated in the database. The total car parking changed from 1492 car parking to 1509 car parking. The total bike parking changed from 1823 bike parking to 1798 bike parking.

The stats are taken from the architectural plan via rezoning submission.

The balcony motif immediately reminded me of when a window or dialog used to freeze in Windows and you dragged it around. Maybe that's what happened while they were designing it? My fellow elder Millennials know what I'm talking about:

View attachment 491541
Or by using (*I might be totally wrong on this as I sucked at programming in high school)
a boolean script /loop to create a multitude of windows outputting the same message.

From yesterday's presentation:

1694787243831.png

Question: What is the rationale for the 7 storey above-grade garage?

- Proponent reply: Given the TTC's SRT Yard being there, we didn't feel residential units facing that use was appropriate, so we used it instead for parking.

Question Does anyone know if the SRT yard will remain in some form given the SRT shutting down?

- City Staff reply: The TTC is working on a confidential redevelopment plan for that site, that cannot be publicly shared at this time, which will be for a non-residential use. 🤨

Comments:

- Park appears to be in too much shadow, no clear shadow studies that relate to the park.

- No rationale provide for the extreme density and height proposed.

- Monoculture of giant fat buildings, with very large footprints and podiums is troubling.

- If the parking garage went ahead, is it possible to design this flexibly to convert it to another use should the context evolve favourably.

- Could the podium of the building which includes the CLTO (community living) facility accommodate outdoor amenity space on the podium.

- Too suburban, too car-centric for a site that is justified by proximity to the subway. Three driveways for pedestrians to cross is too much.

- Insufficient bicycle parking, biking infrastructure on-road (cycle tracks/bike lanes, good quality sidewalks) are lacking

- I don't get it ; joyless, scary. - Ralph.

-FSI at Agincourt 3.5 this is 3x the density of Agincourt, no justification, no give-back - Ralph.

- Too many blank facades

- Buildings are overbearing

- Too much parking

- Parkland is too small

- Street edge not legible, or consistent.

- "We're looking for something that does something good for Scarborough Town Centre; that's hard to find in this project"

Unanimous vote of Non-Support.

Last edited:

Back