This looks quite different than the tower that is going up across the street. The 1801 Tower I love the podium and the tower is meh, this one I love the tower but the podium is mediocre. Now there are three major development proposals in the works and two buildings under construction. Once the stations are done, bike lane completed, park in its final stage and trees planted this area is going to look a lot nicer.

I bought in the area about 4 years ago and was disappointed with the lack of progress but now it seems things are picking up. There have been some awesome new restaurants opening up in the area.

The great thing with the cross-town is there will be quick and easy access to the airport, the GO, existing subway lines,12 minutes to Yonge & Eg. Right now there is pretty good access to the freeway, Yorkdale, and the Dufferin bus while notoriously horrible runs frequently and goes a long distance.

Walking around the area I can see most of the buildings being completely demolished as there is no way those businesses are bringing in anywhere close to the revenue required to justify the property evaluation. If these tower developments are successful I can imagine this area being similar to Young & Eg in 10-15 years

New docs from Nov 2022:

1814eg.JPG
1814eg2.JPG
1814eg3.JPG
1814eg4.JPG

New renderings are updated in the database. The overall building height changed from 115.80m to 117.00m. The total unit count changed from 445 units to 503 units. Total car parking changed from 132 parking to 128 parking. Finally, bike parking changed from 448 bike parking to 504 bike parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via SPA:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 8  2023-47.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 8  2023-51.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 8  2023-53.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 8  2023-55.jpg

This one was resubmitted in Dec '23:

This next bit will be of interest to @HousingNowTO

View attachment 567566

Renders appear to be the same as above.
Community Benefit Charge contribution -- so going to assume that the deal is for "permanently affordable rental to be managed by a not-for-profit partner" -- BUT it would be good to get some confirmation on that assumption.

The Affordable Housing block is 7 x Total Units with 12 x Total Bedrooms on the 2nd Floor -- if someone wants to look at those floorplans in the Podium -- you should be able to identify the contiguous block by looking for the adjacent row of the "Hardest Condos to Sell in a Down-Market" units. ;)

Community Benefit Charge contribution -- so going to assume that the deal is for "permanently affordable rental to be managed by a not-for-profit partner" -- BUT it would be good to get some confirmation on that assumption.

The Affordable Housing block is 7 x Total Units with 12 x Total Bedrooms on the 2nd Floor -- if someone wants to look at those floorplans in the Podium -- you should be able to identify the contiguous block by looking for the adjacent row of the "Hardest Condos to Sell in a Down-Market" units. ;)

Its actually a bit easier than all that..........the units in question are labelled 'affordable' in the architectural plans:

1717035923134.png

I don't see any docs referencing tenure.......but I haven't been through them all.

Its actually a bit easier than all that..........the units in question are labelled 'affordable' in the architectural plans:

View attachment 567875

I don't see any docs referencing tenure.......but I haven't been through them all.
Facing the rear - and the adjacent building / parking-lot (*Future Redevelopment Site)... so, my assessment of the Units was mostly correct.

1717075212158.png

Back