This is an outrageous application, but nothing truly surprises me anymore. The building will at best only briefly shadow the north/east corner at the back of Barbara Hall Park at sunrise. The 100 Wellesley low rise additions got chopped back as an overbuild of the site (its a “tower in the park” high rise), so accordingly, this should get chopped to 20 or 25 levels. It’s heartbreaking to lose those homes and trees on that short, calm, dead end street.

If you feel strongly about it, oppose it. Not just at UT; get your comments in to the Planner.

FWIW, @ProjectEnd 's comments above should probably give you some solace; but don't take any outcome for granted.

Also have a fallback position, arguably mine perhaps?

It saves some trees and enlarges Barbara Hall Park.

PS, the City could always expropriate the 2 houses closest to the park for park expansion (they have the $$$ available to spend in this ward), and if they did, they would kill the app.

I'd say the risk is still too great for most, but if you're willing to throw the dice, we are definitely in a very different planning regime to the one when I was assessing the property. BV are a startup with the principal actor coming from a decently long stint at Trollybus. They're likely able to gamble a bit more than folks with tighter purse strings who need to deliver confident returns to their investors.

Interesting...........I thought this one might see a Refusal Report.............but it has not.

Community Consultation was held in January.

The proponents just had a meeting w/the Councillor on February 29th.

🤨

Back