I'm amazed with all these ultra high end condos available and soon to be, there is still demand for more... The area this condo is too... it's not as exclusive as Yorkville Ave, Hazelton or Cumberland...

It's close to Yorkville, the ROM, Yonge and the U of T. Victoria College, the part of the U of T which is the closest, is architecturally splendid.

It's not Yorkville, but it's still a premium location considering it's proximity to such great cultural amenities and the famous university.

I don't know. Charles West has been the latest victim of Yorkville Creep. The Indigo at Manulife, for instance, is often referred to as the Yorkville store. And you can bet that every condo development along Charles is pushing the neighborhood name.

OMGZ... then I live in Yorkville! LOL (Margaret Addison Hall)... LOL. Well atleast, I do refer to it as that, because well... when your building abuts the Colonnade, I think it's safe to say you're in Yorkville.

OMGZ... then I live in Yorkville! LOL (Margaret Addison Hall)... LOL. Well atleast, I do refer to it as that, because well... when your building abuts the Colonnade, I think it's safe to say you're in Yorkville.

Which floor? I was on floor 6, '02-'03

I've always thought Marg Add is the ugliest building on the Vic campus. And to think the original plan was to tear down Annesley, and build a second Marg Add style residence that would have connected Wymilwood and Marg Add.
Maybe that's why they're trying to hide it in behind the new student building...

I'd place it in more of a "most underrated" than "ugliest" category; I've always admired the counterpoint between its boomerang form and Colonnade's endless slab (+ portholed exedra). And re past plans to tear down Annesley; well, blame Wymilwood before you blame Marg Add, because long-term expansion plans *there* involved the sacrifice of Annesley, and one can still tell by how uncomfortably cheek-by-jowl they are.

(Sure, the thought of losing Annesley may make us wince now--but in the post-WWII years, remember, even bigshots like Eric Arthur would have viewed it as an expendably obsolete "late Victorian" eyesore.)

Away it goes:

2702852362_2b3e938886.jpg

I noticed that the "University Apartments" sign was already taken down from the front of the building and spared. Or maybe they were too lazy to put it in the dumpster.

I'll be on the fourth floor. Marg Add is definitely not the prettiest building on the Vic campus, but if it didn't have the block air conditioners in the windows, it'd be a handsome building from its time atleast. It's a good place to live, if not eye candy. ;)

Huh? I thought that they were supposed to leave those two brick apartment blocks intact? What's going on here?

Just the one to the north of it

Back