Not that it's a sign something is going to happen, BUT Brookfield Place 3 is still listed on Brookfield website as:

Brookfield Place III
Toronto, Ontario Phase
Pre-development

Square Footage:
The final phase of the prestigious Brookfield Place complex in the financial core of Toronto, Brookfield Place III is designed for 35 stories of office space with clear views of Lake Ontario. The site is located adjacent to Union Station, the key transportation hub in the city.

Office Leasing Contact(s):

Bob MacNicol
416-369-2610

The final phase of the prestigious Brookfield Place complex in the financial core of Toronto, Brookfield Place III is designed for 35 stories of office space with clear views of Lake Ontario.

Not anymore. Pinnacle with Success will be blocking most of it.

just me, but the new name sounds more professional. who even knew what BCE was.

Most people who are over, say, 30 that have been working in the business world for a bit have/had a pretty good idea what Bell Canada Enterprises was. ;)

Sorry for the big bump.
Does anyone know what is happening in the courtyard? Looks like the main feature of trees/water/surrounding seating is being removed? Trees are already gone.

Downstairs they have signage that "something big" will be announced ~November 23. That could mean anything...Merle Norman and K. Jamson are closing...I don't know if it has to do with their replacement or truly something big.

I do a lot of work in 22 Front Street (the small CIBC branded building where BCE III is supposed to go up on) - the tenants certainly have no idea they're moving soon!

Viewing from above I now think maybe just a remodel or restoration. They have wrapped the garbage can and light to protect them. Maybe the area around the water hidden behind the trees attracted unwanted visitors at night. Too bad the trees had to go.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 810
The trees weren't in the best of shape, and it probably was a good spot for all sorts of nocturnal goings on in there.

Back