innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
New proposal in Hamilton for a very small little lot at King and Caroline.

CB9jLhT.png

ICPTmEXh.jpeg

the corner is currently home to a wonderful little strip plaza. Good riddance!

At the rate things are going, downtown Hamilton should be quite pleasant in a decade!

I thought maybe, just maybe, the Tim Hortons had been consolidated into this parcel and that it might be demolished, but it seems to just be under renovation...
View attachment 510822
Oh that would have been amazing if they got the Tims lot as well and included an urban Tims in the expanded podium!

Looks like they're hoping to go bigger here.

A formal consultation was just submitted on this address (215 King St W) with the following description:
To construct an 18-storey mixed-use building with 85 residential units and 124.6 m2 of ground floor commercial. Includes a total of 23 parking spaces provided within 3 levels of underground parking.

Previous proposal (before the DRP last year) was 14-storeys, 69 res units, 160.9m² of retail GFA, and 23 vehicular parking.

A formal consultation was just submitted on this address (215 King St W) with the following description:

Previous proposal (before the DRP last year) was 14-storeys, 69 res units, 160.9m² of retail GFA, and 23 vehicular parking.
Hey! Just curious where you found this? When I look at the open.hamilton.ca Development Applications page I don't see a new Formal Consultation.

I will never be upset about more height and density!

I think it makes sense to go a bit higher here. It'll force a really awkward development of that Tim's plaza though.

Which, seems to be sticking around for a while, they did a really fancy Tim's Reno with a walk up window, mood lighting and nicer finishings pus 24h open. Seems they aimed to have a fancier location somewhere central.

Back