Just got wind from a relative who works for the conservatory group that they had poor sales of 2171 lakeshore. they only sold 70 units in the taller tower away from the lake, so they cancelled that tower and returned their deposit. They will only build the shorter tower closer to the lake with the less expensive units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got wind from a relative who works for the conservatory group that they had poor sales of 2171 lakeshore. they only sold 70 units in the taller tower away from the lake, so they cancelled that tower and returned their deposit. They will only build the shorter tower closer to the lake with the less expensive units.

Sorry to be off topic
2171 Lakeshore......http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...nservatory-Group-seeking-2-5-41s-EI-Richmond)

The taller tower is by the lake, they will most likely re-launch it later on, I cant see it being feasible for the developer to just build 1x5s (residential) - 1x2s (commercial) on that plot of land?

Here you go:
HumberBayShoresCtrMap2.jpg

Staff Report/City Planning........http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-47655.pdf

So what is happening to eau du Soleil? Are they going to start this year?
Also why does it take them so long to build this project. They have this year, next year and year after next to build
this. That should be almost too much time to aim for 2017 occupancy.

Maybe buyers have figured out that when you can choose between Monarch, Empire, Graywood and Conservatory, you don't need to buy from Conservatory.

The first part is off-topic here, but…

As best as I know, 2171 Lake Shore has never gone into sales. It's the 50-storey Waterways that maybe krzlou is referring too? It is still on the Conservatory website, and the sales office is still there (taking messages though - I called after sales hours). In front of it is where the 16-storey Cove is now being launched.

Until I hear more, I'm considering krzlou's post as an unsubstantiated rumour.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think that story gets some of the details wrong (about who requested what), but the headline stands, essentially reporting a Section 37 funding agreement.

Back