Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This new to the AIC proposal is for a small site on Yonge, 2350-2352 Yonge, which is 2 existing retail units, and is for a 50s residential build.

@ProjectEnd will know better than I, but for a variety of reasons this reads more as a value-add exercise than a serious proposal; but we shall see!

Streetview of this building as it appeared a couple of year back during construction of Whitehaus. Yup, that's it.........just that.

1659171078578.png

I read this site as just ~520m2/5600ft2

1659171204003.png

1659171271516.png

* Docs are Up *

There are no pretty renders (the Cover Letter mentions perspective drawings but I didn't see that file) I will include what in the Arch. Drawings and Planning Report.

1659171388426.png

1659171498458.png

1659171544567.png

Note the absence of any grade-level retail facing Yonge, below:

1659171624821.png

1659171836729.png

Close-up of material legend:

1659171881515.png

1659171737463.png

Notes:

Zero Parking Spaces is good...............

Ok, I'm out of good things to say now, LOL

Not clearly illustrated here, but the proposal is for the prominent south-face of this building to be blank up to the 8th floor to accommodate a future (potential) redevelopment of the Royal Bank.

The absence of ground-floor retail; with the black south elevation to the 8th floor is more than enough to condemn this proposal to the dust bin from my perspective, before we discuss what can only
be described, charitably, as massing drawings rather than architecture of the associated building.

I don't normally post residential floor layouts, I leave that to the real estate threads..............but....but... (floors 11-34 below)

1659172639450.png

Am I seeing 2 studio units (north-facing) with No Windows????

I can't imagine RBC (I assume they own the branch here) will like this..........and I don't think anyone else should either.

Last edited:
I like how they're calling it a "20.0m setback to tower" to disguise that it's a 0m setback to the north property line.

I hope the planning dept is able to just give this a summary nope. They shouldn't have to expend energy to articulate why this won't happen.

My skyscraper nerd brain does like the footprint (h-w ratio) of this one... a bit like 1200 Bay's little brother.

P.S. @Northern Light - do you know the proponent on this one (maybe Bazis?).

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to call this a value-adding proposal; there's nothing of value in this proposal. The retail being replaced with five different entrances is bewildering, and putting in a turntable loading area is a total joke. This is Midtown Toronto, not Midtown Manhattan - are we really that desperate for space?

I don't think it's fair to call this a value-adding proposal; there's nothing of value in this proposal. The retail being replaced with five different entrances is bewildering, and putting in a turntable loading area is a total joke. This is Midtown Toronto, not Midtown Manhattan - are we really that desperate for space?

I think my post conveyed that same view; but perhaps I should have characterized it as 'bad attempt at a value-add...." And it is ........very bad.

Wild stuff. I wonder if the owner (whose name I'll withhold for now) has entered into an agreement with the condo corp at Whitehaus to use their property for servicing the garbage and loading here. I also wonder if they've costed out what sprinklering *every window* is going to do to your proforma...

The owner is unsophisticated, hence the Bazis assistance. But I do wonder if Bazis actually thinks this will happen or are just happy to siphon DM fees.

2350-2352 Yonge Street
February 1, 2023
6:30 PM – Virtual Hearing

Virtual meeting to discuss Rezoning for 50-storey residential building containing a total of 323 residential dwelling units. The proposed development will have a total gross floor area (GFA) of approximately 20,562 square metres, comprised entirely of residential space.

I live on Orchard View Blvd across from that bank. Honestly, this is an abosulte terrible idea. It is enfuriating how close this building is going to be from Orchard View and the one next to 2350 Yonge St. It doesnt make sense how a two rental building can fit a 50 floor building. There is no parking, there will be no privacy, no garbage disposals, no space for mail deliveries and lets bot forget the insane amount of unfinished construction at Yonge and Eglinton. There will be no absolute space for traffic and pedestrians to walk or walk safely. Please, please, please don't do this. Think twice and look at the neighborhood on how loud it is already with the traffic and on-going construction. Wait until something is finished.

I live on Orchard View Blvd across from that bank. Honestly, this is an abosulte terrible idea. It is enfuriating how close this building is going to be from Orchard View and the one next to 2350 Yonge St. It doesnt make sense how a two rental building can fit a 50 floor building. There is no parking, there will be no privacy, no garbage disposals, no space for mail deliveries and lets bot forget the insane amount of unfinished construction at Yonge and Eglinton. There will be no absolute space for traffic and pedestrians to walk or walk safely. Please, please, please don't do this. Think twice and look at the neighborhood on how loud it is already with the traffic and on-going construction. Wait until something is finished.

Look like there are some activities...

Application Status:OMB Appeal

No please.., this development proposal does not make any sense at all. It’s terribly narrow. the condo is supposed to be somewhere else like any proper corner of street with more spacious grounds for human rights.
Toronto should not allow this architectural experiment to raise a significant numbers of concerns, difficulties and even safety issues to the area.

Last edited:

Back