Not a landmark per se, but that church has always been a quirky local point of interest in the area, for the Colosseum influenced arches on its north facing exterior.

View attachment 378961
Church is not part of either development site...

Some images from tonight's Public Meeting...

1644293596599.png

1644293627418.png

1644293679897.png

1644293710140.png

Only the "Dufferin Eglinton Community Group, Inc." came out as strongly opposed. Was a pretty balanced meeting given the PMTSA, etc.

From whence we left off here, 11 months ago.............

This one is now the subject of a Request for Direction (to oppose this at OLT) going to the next meeting of NYCC.

This report is not far off scathing in terms of the complaint list............(my words) Planning appears to think the proponent is out to lunch....

I'm somewhat surprised given the report that they didn't just deem to application incomplete or write a refusal report...........

From the report:

1673637460171.png

1673637513517.png

1673637541058.png

There's a good deal more.

In summation:

Wrong Height, wrong form, wrong setbacks, too much shadow, too much density etc etc.

Yeesh.

I'm broadly inclined to disagree w/staff here in terms of height/density; but the setbacks are an issue as is proper conveyance of ROW among other things.

If Bravo doesn't seriously start pushing for bus lanes on Dufferin, the transit situation on the street will become abhorrent. The 29 is already frequently crush loaded seemingly anytime of the day, even with articulated buses running sub 5 minute headways, and thats with most of the street consisting of 2 story semis.

The infamous Dufferin bus will grow from an irritant to an actual crisis once the Dufferin/Eglinton + Galleria + Bloor/Dufferin redevs are complete. The density is very much needed and will do a lot for the currently miserable street, but this is hard to ignore. Only thing that might otherwise help is the Barrie GO line upgrades coming on line with new stations at St. Clair + Bloor, might pull some riders off the 29 into the less full GO trains. Of course none of this shows up in staff reports though, as they are more concerned with... shadows.

This one has OLT Merit Hearing calendared for April 15, 2024.

* I found this only by searching 'Decisions' and finding the previous CMC.

Back