I think this could tie into the neighbourhood very nicely with Bijou across the street and the Tridel buildings to the west. Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more brick though. Curious how the few windows on the east side of the building will dictate any future redevelopment on the adjacent site.

From the render, I'm not convinced those are windows - they might be openings to recessed balconies.

At the cost of some resolution, I have enlarged the render first brought to us by @AlbertC

1693945144664.png

From the render, I'm not convinced those are windows - they might be openings to recessed balconies.
Looks like windows on the east side, juliette balconies on the north (Bloor facing) side. Higher res image from Leader Lane's homepage.

Edit: Yes, it does look like recessed balconies on the east towards the south elevation.
slide1.jpg

Last edited:
Permit me to embiggen the building part of that image with this perfectly cromulent detail shot:

2453BloorWAerS1280K.jpg

PS - just wanted to celebrate that this month, Merriam-Webster added cromulent to the dictionary, now making it a, well, perfectly cromulent word! Meanwhile, they also embiggened the dictionary in March, 2018 with that word!

Last edited:
With all the issues that have developed to build this condo, this Bijou development on BWV has to be the worse construction we have ever seen. When Tridel built their two condos on the west side, it was not so disorganized and messy. There is so much dust and dirt, neighbours are starting to complain on our street and although there is a sign saying NO construction trucks allowed, it still happens. very disappointed at this development and feel sorry for the people who bought as they were to open in 2021!! Unbelievable. Plaza Corp should be responsible to clean all our windows and our street when this development ever finishes.

Application docs are now available: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5309673&pid=717759

If I am reading correctly, height is about 43m. Total of 91 units distributed as follows:
  • 7 - studio
  • 50 - 1 bedroom
  • 24 - 2 bedroom
  • 10 - 3 bedroom
Floorplates show square to wide shallow units vs. bowling alley layouts. Couldn't find anything on exterior materials yet, but have only taken a cursory look.

Good find @nhincompoop

From the Docs:

1697855727501.png

1697855752079.png

Site Plan:

1697855814626.png
'

Ground Floor Plan:

1697855850486.png

1697855406803.png

Parking: 38 resident spaces - Ratio: 0.41

Elevators: 2 Units 91 - Elevator Ratio: 2.18 elevators per 100 units

Comments:

Like the building massing and material palette.

Landscape Plan; only 3 trees on Bloor, no soil cells; sidewalk seems too narrow on western portion of Bloor frontage, inadequate to potential demand. Not ok.

Easy Fix, remove embayed parking on Bloor; add soil cells and more trees.

It's a shame they can't leave the small-grained retail on Bloor and build this building on the mostly empty space right south of it on Larkin.

Those setbacks are ridiculous but I think they'll make for some amazing units at the top levels.

Application docs are now available: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5309673&pid=717759

If I am reading correctly, height is about 43m. Total of 91 units distributed as follows:
  • 7 - studio
  • 50 - 1 bedroom
  • 24 - 2 bedroom
  • 10 - 3 bedroom
Floorplates show square to wide shallow units vs. bowling alley layouts. Couldn't find anything on exterior materials yet, but have only taken a cursory look.

Totally normal looking building form.

1700848024325.png

The profile looks unique and interesting because of the setbacks. It preserves light for neighbouring properties. Here are some more examples of totally normal looking building form.
Exactly. I've never understood the setback hate. Not only does it make for a more interesting building form, but it creates better outdoor spaces for units on a setback floor and reduces the dark, windswept canyon effect you get from buildings that lack any stepbacks.

Back