Does that ever stick out like a sore thumb. I hope each suite comes with a bullet proof vest. Terrible area.

If you think anywhere in Toronto is dangerous enough to require comments about bulletproof vests even just for the sake of hyperbole, you've either 1) never been to Toronto before, 2) you have no point of comparison to other cities around the world, or 3) you are paranoid.

What I would love to see is a pedestrian crossing from this building or possibly 25 or 41 and across to Islington Station. It would save many of the residents here quite a bit of time walking to and from the station.
They are proposing to build an access to the station!

If you think anywhere in Toronto is dangerous enough to require comments about bulletproof vests even just for the sake of hyperbole, you've either 1) never been to Toronto before, 2) you have no point of comparison to other cities around the world, or 3) you are paranoid.
1. I grew up and went to school in that area so I am extremely familiar with it.
2. Maybe I remember it differently than others considering a neighbour was murdered, our place was broken into, and I was there when 22Div officers arrested a rapist yard hopping on our street.
3. Not comparing it to Martin Grove/John Garland blvd but I still wouldn't want to live there.
4. Yes, I have been to many more dangerous cities than Toronto, particularly in Africa and SE Asia.

To each their own I suppose.

what are chances on this project in getting approved to go ahead? considering Islington Terrace is at highest height now and this future building might break the record.

This is now a Quadrangle design. 49 storeys, 486 units.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.38.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.37.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.36.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.38.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.37.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.37.28 PM.png

Although it's still early, so far this looks outstanding. However they're really pushing it with the height here.

This design is steering away from the rectangle box look. Looks like they're starting to go back to that 80's 90's condo look! I would have been nice if they added another 10 storeys to it.

Back