Why do you say the heights are unchanged?
The tallest gained 4.6 metres, and the shorter tower gained 10.5 metres.
Even the thread title is wrong for now.

I did say (in storeys)

That was an edit, though made prior to your reply, when I realized the heights in metres had moved though the floor count had not.

Toronto Model 12-20-22 25 St. Mary.png

...and a stopped watch is always right twice a day.

TE4.13 - 25 St. Mary Street - Official Plan Amendment, Zoning Amendment, and Rental Housing Demolition Applications - Decision Report - Approval​

I like the look of attractive white clean building facades in cities . Toronto could use more white in their buildings. And more colour.
I like the earthy amber hue reflecting from the buildings. Just make sure there’s absolutely not a smidgen of grey that ends up in the final design.
Grey should be banned in Toronto.

I like the look of attractive white clean building facades in cities . Toronto could use more white in their buildings. And more colour.
I like the earthy amber hue reflecting from the buildings. Just make sure there’s absolutely not a smidgen of grey that ends up in the final design.
Grey should be banned in Toronto.
I feel the same way about grey in T.O right now. We're supersaturated with it. Once that manganese brick went up on the opera house, it initiated some sort of mass-scale plagiaristic reflex that no-one seemed to be capable of averting themselves from. Kind of downbeat-bizarre, really.
I mean, to care about buildings is to look to them for differing kinds of optimism, variations of care, innovation and stability, skill and delight. When clunky things are being thrown up drably on the cheap, it does the city, people and the culture few favours.
I think a ban on grey in Toronto would be a good thing right now. Or - only up to a certain percentage of grey is allowed - they rest of the building has to actually imbibe in tints and chroma. Encouraging facades with actual depth and texture might be a nice thing, too.
This isn't a silly or wifty idea. All over Europe in the '90's onward, a number of cities set out with pots of paint to colour up the more drab sections of their cities. It succeeded. It was shown to be successful - people's mood improved, and the areas became more desirable and pleasing. When you've got a generally thinner, bluer light most of the year than is a feature in the south, building in shades of grey is a recipe for increasing depression.

Back