I was hoping that the black and orange would stay but it got Toronto bleached and lost its dark colour.
I think it looks good but not sure why they completely overhauled the darker, more playful theme. The latest iteration could fit anywhere else in town.

now it looks like a Range Rover Velar, -i would love to own one. but with Black and orange it was like Range Rover AutoBiography- i would kill to own one.

Here is the latest massing revision within the surrounding area.
It's a significant podium, but I think the overall height and massing are appropriate in context.

50566170108_3d77274684_k.jpg

Great diagram. It's pretty impressive to see the amount of change expected around the University & Dundas area within the upcoming 5 years or so. Becoming quite the burgeoning node within an already very centralized downtown location.

Here is the latest massing revision within the surrounding area.
It's a significant podium, but I think the overall height and massing are appropriate in context.

50566170108_3d77274684_k.jpg
great model Steveve, do you also plan to add OCAD expansion, or just chosen not to show at this time?

Hi there, I'm new to this site and building planning in general. I just wanted to confirm that this building has been approved and there's nothing that can be done about it (i.e. request changes to height, ask for the zoning approval to be rejected)?
If so, in your experience, how much longer do we have until building permits are issued and demolition/construction begins?

Hi there, I'm new to this site and building planning in general. I just wanted to confirm that this building has been approved and there's nothing that can be done about it (i.e. request changes to height, ask for the zoning approval to be rejected)?
If so, in your experience, how much longer do we have until building permits are issued and demolition/construction begins?
It got its Zoning (ZBA) approval at City Council in January, 2020, so the height and density is decided. The Site Plan Approval (SPA) application is still under review, and it likely won't be too much longer until Planning approves it. That part is not open to public consultation.

There is no standard amount of time following the ZBA or SPA approvals before a project gets demolition, excavation, or building permits. We have no way of knowing how long the leases in the current building run, but that would affect when Dream will want to get going on the redevelopment — they won't likely want to buy out many (or maybe even any) current leases. Alternatively, they may be trying to move some lessees into other buildings they own. It's all a big 🤷‍♂️.

Not sure if this is a sign of momentum gradually picking up for this project but the long-time Subway shop at the western most retail unit along Dundas here are moving (have moved) across the street to the Village by the Grange:

20220423_154342.jpg

Not sure if this is a sign of momentum gradually picking up for this project......

Doesn't appear to be.

They lots of spaces retail and commercial available for immediate lease/occupancy.

SPA is still showing 'under review'.

No permits pulled except for a minor reno last year.

Back