Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
2620 Chalkwell Close, AKA "Elmcrest Public School Redevelopment": a proposed 12 x 3-storey townhouse development by Dunpar Homes on the western end of Chalkwell Close, north of Truscott Drive and south of Sandgate Crescent in Mississauga's Park Royal neighbourhood.

Rendering, Site Plan & Elevation from the Community Engagement Meeting:
2620 Chalkwell Close PPT-10.jpg

2620 Chalkwell Close PPT-12.jpg

2620 Chalkwell Close PPT-20.jpg

Google Street View of the former Elmcrest Public School in January 2021:
1703188648235.png

I don't normally post the NIMBY stuff but this petition gave me a chuckle:
1703188700545.png

I like this, but it’s going to be quite a visual change from all the early 60’s cement brick duplex’s that comprise the surrounding neighbourhood.

In a June 5 report, Mississauga planning staff say Etobicoke-based developer Dunpar’s application to build 180 back-to-back townhouses at 2620 Chalkwell Close in the city’s Clarkson-Lorne Park neighbourhood area, “is not acceptable in its current form.”

Once again we wonder why MCC is where Mississauga is booming. There’s zero NIMBYs so anything is built. Anywhere else in Mississauga a city councillor with a NIMBYs group stops development.

This is particularly the case with anything south of queensway. The very area people think would have made a great downtown. Sure if you wanted to make a downtown which might hold 30k.

Once again we wonder why MCC is where Mississauga is booming. There’s zero NIMBYs so anything is built. Anywhere else in Mississauga a city councillor with a NIMBYs group stops development.

This is particularly the case with anything south of queensway. The very area people think would have made a great downtown. Sure if you wanted to make a downtown which might hold 30k.
Perhaps if the developer revises the setbacks, examines the need for a concrete wall facing the park, revises the projected visitor parking area, they might find more acceptance. Why we would ever automatically feel that a developers planning proposal is good planning is beyond me. The area is mainly semi detached housing to begin with so transitioning to a higher density is not a reach. But packing in units like sardines in a tin and ignoring the cities planning guidelines is sure to bring conflict.

Back