This one is the subject of an Appeals Report (seeking to have staff oppose this at OLT) to the next meeting of TEYCC:

There are lots of issues here; the DRP didn't like it, lacks a midblock connection, unacceptable park (strata and poor shape/configuration) shadows, massing, bad wind conditions.........

And one objection that @ProjectEnd will clearly be sympathetic with............from up thread:

I can't understand how there isn't a by-law against big box / large format retail on ground floors. This is ridiculous.

1707406057346.png

The Feb. 29 OLT hearing on the Canadian Tire proposal will be available by video conference…

The Feb. 29 OLT hearing on the Canadian Tire proposal will be available by video conference…

Now all it needs is a live soundtrack from @ProjectEnd doing colour commentary. Get the popcorn!

Now all it needs is a live soundtrack from @ProjectEnd doing colour commentary. Get the popcorn!
Here's what happened:

Highlights:

MEDIATION

[6] The Parties advised that they are currently engaged in non-Tribunal led mediation and will continue discussions with a view to scoping or resolving various issues.

HEARING DATES

[7] At the request of the Parties, the Tribunal scheduled a ten-day video hearing event commencing on Monday, February 24, 2025 at 10 a.m.

This one was in front of June's Council Meeting with a Settlement Offer, which was adopted.

The offer was in conjunction with the two abutting properties to the east and west.

The high level link for all three is here.

The overall Site Plan looks like this:

1720205430362.png

The Offer:

1720205485432.png

1720205546967.png

1720205578685.png

* Of note here is improved parkland, with better size and placement, though I wish it were larger, and the City had spent some acquisition money to achieve that.

Also, Max height rises to 48s

And 21 units of affordable housing for a 40 year term; @HousingNowTO

I think the park should have been bigger. It will feel very small when there’s a 50 story building on every side of it basically. At least the smallest building is on the south side so it will get a tiny bit of sun mid day.

Back