I reported this to 311 earlier (as well as the removal of the one way sign for the laneway). While the city fixed the one way sign, they never replaced the parking zone sign. Plus each time the pylons are placed around the entrance, the Tamasha night club patrons move them back to the sidewalk when they park there at night. Those concrete barricades for blocking the area in front of the construction can’t come soon enough.

March 1, 2023:

IMG_7411.jpeg
IMG_7412.jpeg
IMG_7413.jpeg
IMG_7414.jpeg
IMG_7415.jpeg
IMG_7416.jpeg
IMG_7417.jpeg
IMG_7418.jpeg
IMG_7419.jpeg
IMG_7435.jpeg
IMG_7436.jpeg
IMG_7437.jpeg
IMG_7438.jpeg
IMG_7439.jpeg
IMG_7440.jpeg

Quick update on this first day of summer..
No pictures, but shoring continues on the south and east end of the site. They seem to be sticking to their schedule, which is good. They are once again getting real close to the utility boxes which haven't been moved yet. I'm hoping they give us enough notice when we it takes place so we can plan accordingly.
Trenches on Merton have been all covered and they are now working on Al Green lane. This is for conduits to run electric lines, it seems.

Does anyone know how to tell if the developers have made any requests to take over a lane on Merton when they start they heavy construction? It happens at most sites, with concrete barriers. I know it costs them a fee to do this, so they are likely waiting as late as they can to put it in.

Does anyone know how to tell if the developers have made any requests to take over a lane on Merton when they start they heavy construction? It happens at most sites, with concrete barriers. I know it costs them a fee to do this, so they are likely waiting as late as they can to put it in.

Any occupation of a public roadway requires City permission and is the subject of a report to the applicable Community Council, generally titled 'Construction Staging Area'.

I see no record of a report for this site as yet.

Back