Agree on the cycling component. Centennial Pkwy is subject to enhancements (in 2025) that connects Confederation GO to Van Wagners Beach Rd (which connects to the Waterfront Trail) as per the Accelerated Active Transportation Implementation Plan.
Link to where you can find the report: https://pub-hamilton.escribemeeting...a=Agenda&lang=English&Item=29&Tab=attachments

1707947592586.png

In addition to cycling, taking a look at the 2031 HSR plan, they have identified on-demand service for this area north of the QEW. I think with all of the new units in this area, an actual fixed route north of the QEW stretching even as far as Fifty Road would be beneficial that connects to Confederation GO & Eastgate. Below is a screenshot from the current plan:

1707947828440.png

Lol.. I grew up on drakes drive, we had been trying to get a bus route down there for years.. that and sidewalks on grays rd lol..

growing up we'd walk to hasty market which was on the corner there and there was also a variety store in the shoreliner - otherwise yup it was driving anywhere or walk up to barton st.

That whole side from confederation park to francis/green road is a very cosy neighbourhood to walk through though - I did love living down there :)

At least their new style for this should at least give her something to look at - she's on the first floor. I like the angled "fluting" of the towers - being much taller it gives it a bit of texture feeling.

Last edited:

Back