innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Toromont is moving on their VMC site.. presenting to the Vaughan Design Review Panel tomorrow.

This rendering was posted in the NRU, with the following description:

The proposal consists of fourteen towers ranging from 35 to 79 storeys in height atop podia with ground floor retail uses, and one stand-alone 10-storey office building. An urban promenade is proposed for the west side of Millway Avenue, and space to accommodate a portion of a future urban park is planned for the south side of Doughton Avenue.

1690379934107.png

Wow, 79 stories? I'm assuming this will be the tallest building in York Region, and higher than any proposals at Yonge + Steeles?
Yes I don't believe any proposal in Yonge/Steeles has reached the 70-story mark, so this will likely be the tallest outside of Toronto and Vancouver! I remember thinking CG tower was pretty tall, but I guess VMC wants to keep going higher, and I'm not complaining 😀 I wouldn't be too surprised if a developer tries to reclaim Canada's tallest building title in the VMC, after all this proposal is not that far off.

Wow, 79 stories? I'm assuming this will be the tallest building in York Region, and higher than any proposals at Yonge + Steeles?
Doug Fords Emzo at Langstaff and Hightech is calling for 80 storey towers.

Edit: M3 in Mississauga is 77 storeys at 260 meters and the tallest building in Langstaff/Hightech TOC is panned to be 263 meters so theres still a possibility that this tower could be the tallest outside of Toronto.

Last edited:
Doug Fords Emzo at Langstaff and Hightech is calling for 80 storey towers.

Edit: M3 in Mississauga is 77 storeys at 260 meters and the tallest building in Langstaff/Hightech TOC is panned to be 263 meters so theres still a possibility that this tower could be the tallest outside of Toronto.
Yup theres 7×80, 12×60, 2×55, 3×50 and 10×40 storey proposed towers. That are now in vision mode in Toronto's Skyscraperpage illustrations page. Under the Richmond Hill section because of mimbisum so I heard!

Do we have any thread for the VMC South? I haven't see much or these renders posted from the website? I believe the tower on the corner is in the 70+ range.

I did a careful floor count and it looks like ~74 storeys. The tall tower 3 buildings to the left is ~75 storeys. I may be off by a few floors, but there are definitely 70+ floor towers in those renders.

Last edited:
The vision for Vaughan City Centre came first. The subway was a means to push through new land use in order to implement that vision. You're not wrong. The subway isn't the origin of Vaughan City Centre or most other T.O.D.s. It's just a tool for developers to build denser housing. Vaughan City Centre's plan is better than most.

It's an interesting dichotomy. There's the thrill of 70 storey towers in the 905. These are also homes. Building so tall comes at a premium price in an already unaffordable market. Will there be enough elevators?

Back