Continues to move along with a resubmission from Apr 2022:

315s.JPG

315s2.JPG

I really like this proposal - the affordable housing aspect is good and the design is pleasing as it stands at the moment. Only 13 stories seems low - I would happily take a couple more stories for more affordable housing. This is a wide avenue with decent, and rapidly improving, transit links.

The best bit for me? - The smaller commercial spaces! I am not sure that this area will always have a distinctive Chinese character, but it is important that the area retains commercial spaces for smaller entrepreneurial businesses.

Why is the City appealing this proposal? Height?

I really like this proposal - the affordable housing aspect is good and the design is pleasing as it stands at the moment. Only 13 stories seems low - I would happily take a couple more stories for more affordable housing. This is a wide avenue with decent, and rapidly improving, transit links.

The best bit for me? - The smaller commercial spaces! I am not sure that this area will always have a distinctive Chinese character, but it is important that the area retains commercial spaces for smaller entrepreneurial businesses.

Why is the City appealing this proposal? Height?
The City is NOT appealing this proposal.

The Neighbour (Gabriela Salvatore) is appealing against this proposal.

The barrier for neighbours to appeal any kind of rezoning process in the City is very low - and carries almost no Cost nor Risk to them to file an appeal.

Appeal is dismissed without a hearing - but thanks for wasting everyone's time and money....

Holy 2#$#..............

I just read the grounds of the appeal in the first place........

Weird does not even cover this........

1660948381688.png

This person appealed a very reasonable proposal with a voluntary agreement to provide affordable housing on the grounds that it didn't provide enough affordable housing, and that the terms for said affordability should have been longer.

I'm not at all sure if this was serious or the most novel chutzpah driven effort to derail a building yet......while trying to appear as the 'good guy'.

Either way.........this was a truly bizarre appeal that stood no chance on its face.......

Glad the appeal was dismissed!

While I oppose the automatic awarding of costs in such cases, I wouldn't object to that being seriously considered here.......

...it seems to be a time tested "honour" of using their opponent arguments as a narrative of their objections. Glad some with clout are seeing right through their disingenuous shenanigans, lol.

I'm lost. Was the neighbour being disingenuous about the real reasons for their appeal? I would be all for more affordability if it were applied relatively equally across the board, but this situation is truly bizarre.
That's the conjecture - but again, the developers voluntarily offered affordable housing here, and the appellant apparently says "we don't want no stinkin' affordable housing here of which there is not enough"? …because that would have been the effect had the appeal succeeded. Saner heads prevailed.

Looking forward to this one and hopeful that its approach to street-level turns out well!

And with Rol San safely ensconced in a new location all is well.

(Until that also becomes a development site.)

Last edited:

Back