From the Planning Rationale Report:

1619874718345.png

1619874840399.png

1619874900993.png

From the Docs, we see a Block Context Plan that looks at how that block may develop. This is NOT plan but a concept to show how this proposal may fit w/future redevelopment.

They submitted two options:

View attachment 316329

View attachment 316330

Always reckoned that redevelopment of that shopping plaza with Beer Store and Caldense Bakery would be inevitable for someday in the future.

Would be nice to see the BMO building at the corner be maintained and integrated though. The top section is now covered with some sort of metallic material, but a look at Google streetview from several years ago reveals that it does have a (modest) cornice.

bmo.JPG

tspa_0109378f.jpg

Escaping with $12;549; the hold-up men ran from the front of the Bank of Montreal branch on Royce Ave. and jumped into their waiting car. The car careened around the corner; leaped the curb to nick a pole; was indicated by dotted line; and sped north on Symington Ave.
Picture, 1943, English

Love this photo, and I hope this corner can maintain (or even fix up!) the existing building.

Goodness, that would even be a lot of cash now... 😲

Goodness, that would even be a lot of cash now... 😲

But if you adjust for inflation.............

1620012321360.png

Of note......the actual $12,549 would have purchased you a house at the edge of Toronto at that time.....

The inflated value wouldn't purchase you a vacant lot anywhere in the GTA!

Last edited:
But if you adjust for inflation.............

View attachment 316912

Of note......the actual $12,549 would have purchased you a house at the edge of Toronto at that time.....

The inflated value wouldn't purchased you a vacant lot anywhere in the GTA!
I get that. It's just that $12 k is still a hunk of change to probably many income earners today. And walking out with that much that isn't yours from a local corner bank would still be an impressive feat...not that I am encouraging that. >.<

Event Information: 316-336 Campbell Ave Virtual Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Tuesday, June 15, 2021 6:30 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
Join us for a Virtual Community Consultation Meeting to learn more about the development application at 316-336 Campbell Avenue, which will include presentations and a Question and Answer period providing local residents and stakeholders the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.

Good morning 316-336 Campbell Ave registrants,

Thank you again for your participation in last night's meeting. As promised, attached is a copy of the City staff and applicant presentations. Below you will find a link to the meeting recording:
https://toronto.webex.com/recording...ing/9312190db0581039b6ff0050568fdf67/playback

I'd like to remind everyone that as the applicant indicated during the meeting last night, there is an error on the rendering found on page 17 of their slide deck that appears to show Campbell Avenue as a four lane street, there are no plans to widen Campbell Avenue through this application.

Below you will find a direct link to the City's Application Information Centre where you can download and view all the materials the applicant has submitted in support of the application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=AAcuqyO7C/sjuQP/xVSypA==

Please feel free to contact me and/or Deputy Mayor Bailao's office at Councillor_Bailao@toronto.ca if you have any questions or comments in relation to this application.

All the best,
VICTORIA FUSZ | Senior Planner
Community Planning, City Planning Division | City of Toronto
City Hall, 100 Queen St W, East Tower, Floor 18, M5H 2N2
T: (416) 395-7172 | E: victoria.fusz@toronto.ca

Back