The retail section looks like a sheet of generic curtainwall now :(

I liked the finer detailing, diamond mullions etc in the older rendering.
This might actually be an old rendering.
The presentation includes a pic of the first design of Block 10 Indigenous Hub, so this might not be the current design after all :)

Last edited:
This might actually be an old rendering.
The presentation includes a pic of the first design of Block 10 Indigenous Hub, so this might not be the current design after all :)
I was going to say. Unless they found the budget for a canted tower again... /crosses fingers

Stumbled on this article providing some insight around the delays on this project - Metrolinx and COVID. Looks like College Boreal still plans to occupy the ribbon building, but will be taking over the Case Goods Warehouse in the interim (the current Artscape space).

I'm glad to see someone acknowledging the Ontario Line runs through the property, surprised it's not the actual condo admitting it. Wonder what they're telling prospective buyers.

Also, the College post seems to say that the ribbon building will have "direct access" to the Ontario Line. That sounds like a station. They're not actually doing that, right?

I'm glad to see someone acknowledging the Ontario Line runs through the property, surprised it's not the actual condo admitting it. Wonder what they're telling prospective buyers.

Also, the College post seems to say that the ribbon building will have "direct access" to the Ontario Line. That sounds like a station. They're not actually doing that, right?
Right. That's a specious claim.

I know metrolinx is doing exploratory stuff in the parking lot. But is it too early to see engineering drawings on how the Ontario line is getting from the raised rail line to 20,000 leagues below? I’m curious as to how much space they need for that, where in the ground it will actually go under and how much additional space they would need. It’s going to be awful tight on the ribbon building from the looks of it. Im also wondering if the developers might ask for more height there, just to block any excess noise or visual distraction from the Distillery.

46C28A09-C1C0-44EC-95C1-EDD8D36B27DE.jpeg

I know metrolinx is doing exploratory stuff in the parking lot. But is it too early to see engineering drawings on how the Ontario line is getting from the raised rail line to 20,000 leagues below? I’m curious as to how much space they need for that, where in the ground it will actually go under and how much additional space they would need. It’s going to be awful tight on the ribbon building from the looks of it. Im also wondering if the developers might ask for more height there, just to block any excess noise or visual distraction from the Distillery.

View attachment 387956
Take a look at Steve Munroe site, he has a good analysis of OL studies.

Interesting shape! Seems a bit top-heavy from that perspective but it's cool and it's not your standard fare.

31R is still a parking lot being used by the Distillery District. Back parking lot used to store Christmas buildings, Planters for summers. All parking lots will be gone when Goode condo and 31R condo completed. First floor of underground parking in Goodie condos will be Green P parking for use of the Distillery District. As current entry parking lot that runs from Parliament to Cherry St will be above the new Ontario Line and being turned into Green space and public seating, lounges and cafe's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back