And get rid of that @&%$ sculpture in the main square! I honestly think that the square would look far better without it.

Definitely. The sculpture is terrible. It's way too big for the square. The square needs something much smaller that provides room for patios while still leaving lots of space to walk around and take in the views of the buildings.

Something on the scale of this.

The "ribbon building" going in along the south will also offer a huge opportunity to provide a focal point and terminus for Trinity Street.

Which one? The monster, the 3 legged spider thing or the spiral beaker-looking thing (I really don't get contemporary art).

Which one? The monster, the 3 legged spider thing or the spiral beaker-looking thing (I really don't get contemporary art).

The monster has been gone for about a year now. I miss him. The 3 legged spider looks cool in my opinion. I believe the one most people are complaining about is the spiral beaker looking thing. I can't say I'll be sad when that one is gone.

The spider's cool. The spiral beaker thing, beyond looking fairly incoherent, is indeed too large for the plaza it's installed in. It's a monster and it's too dominant. Would love to see it replaced with something less clunky and massive. I don't miss "the monster" although I think its new location is even more controversial.

If anyone on UrbanToronto wants to see this development approved by the city, I hope you attend the meeting and bring likeminded friends.

Honestly its probably a bit too tall for the area, and there are a ton of issues with it like with the lack of provisional space for the planned rail underpass. I really wouldn't mind seeing it get changed significantly.

Based on the reception the developers got at the Official Plan Amendment consultation held January 14th (where Shirley Blumberg of KPMB was basically shouted down by area residents), the consultation on the 27th could be a raucous one.

For information on the OPA that's happening concurrently, see:
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=edebad1a8b37a410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=6c6452cc66061410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

So Shirley was shouted down by residents living primarily in condos of 'unprecedented size' for the area? Interesting.

So Shirley was shouted down by residents living primarily in condos of 'unprecedented size' for the area? Interesting.

Shouted down because it's a towering, monolithic piece of junk in an area that deserves better. Also, 57 is a bigger number than 42 which is the current tallest. And on top of that 3 mistakes doesn't mean that a 4th mistake is acceptable.

And I suppose people living in condos shouldn't have any voice in how their neighbourhood is developed because they chose to live in the only available form of housing in the area.

I actually don't really mind the tower or its size, it will undoubtedly be reduced anyways. My main concern is that this development seems to block the once proposed pedestrian tunnel under the railway, which I loved.

Shouted down because it's a towering, monolithic piece of junk in an area that deserves better. Also, 57 is a bigger number than 42 which is the current tallest. And on top of that 3 mistakes doesn't mean that a 4th mistake is acceptable.

And I suppose people living in condos shouldn't have any voice in how their neighbourhood is developed because they chose to live in the only available form of housing in the area.

Also, because it was the Q&A portion of the evening, but the developers tapped her to 'raise her hand' first, and then she proceeded to give a 10 minute "sales pitch" about the proposed condo - needing more residents/traffic to sustain the Distillery (which the entire crowd disagreed with). There was no question to be asked, which upset residents.

It was just inappropriate timing.

Back