Yeah bunch of developments on this part of Davenport, maybe it can eventually improve the area and away from the constant critism from the community housing. My sister works at Mistura down the street and there all waiting for the owner of the building to eventually sell to a developer and build something once the lease ends for the restaurant

Yeah bunch of developments on this part of Davenport, maybe it can eventually improve the area and away from the constant critism from the community housing. My sister works at Mistura down the street and there all waiting for the owner of the building to eventually sell to a developer and build something once the lease ends for the restaurant
really? Mistura has been around for a long time so I thought they would be against moving, that part of Davenport is very shabby, literally every building from the garden center to the fire place store to blinds to go needs to be developed.

really? Mistura has been around for a long time so I thought they would be against moving, that part of Davenport is very shabby, literally every building from the garden center to the fire place store to blinds to go needs to be developed.
Everyone's been wondering for years why they've never moved but the owner of the restaurant has no intention, although they may eventually be forced to move since they don't own the building and when the lease is over something could get built with the whole area going through a renaissance

I really don't think I'd describe this area as "shady"; I find some of the lowrises really attractive (creed building / dw / ...)

I really don't think I'd describe this area as "shady"; I find some of the lowrises really attractive (creed building / dw / ...)

I was not referring to Creed or designers walk, I mean buildings like the garden center on the corner of dupont/davenport, or the entire stretch from the barber shop to the parking lot beside the fireplace shop and the entire stretch from the living center to just past blinds to go as well. its just a shabby corner of the city, the TCHC building does not help much but hopefully with 277 Davenport the atmosphere will improve, right now the only "good" part of davenport is from avenue/davenport to avenue/bloor. Creed and designers walk are here to stay and frankly I do not think those buildings need to be redeveloped.

Blinds To Go needs to go. I assume it's the same property owner as Mistura though, as the buildings appear to be attached.

Blinds To Go needs to go. I assume it's the same property owner as Mistura though, as the buildings appear to be attached.
Not 100% sure if true but im told the Blinds To Go building and the unit next door to Mistura is under one owner. Makes sense since they share parking and the buildings are connected

Not 100% sure if true but im told the Blinds To Go building and the unit next door to Mistura is under one owner. Makes sense since they share parking and the buildings are connected

it's obviously easier to negotiate with one owner rather than 10 different owners, that being said if a developer is willing to pay top dollar the number of owners becomes less relevant, just a matter of time now.

http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/321-davenport

20876-71614.jpeg

As a neighbour, I really hope they replace the commercial space that would be lost in this redevelopment. It helps prevent this stretch of Davenport from becoming a dead zone.

Back