I guess Vaughan is also proving "If you build it, they will come" could be a thing. What are they doing right that isn't working for Scarborough or Mississauga City Centre? Or is it really just the subway stop that is making all of the difference?
Vaughan has a direct transit connection (Mississauga city centre doesn't), and is its own city - resources not spread out and the ability to manipulate tax rate independently (Scarborough isn't).

100% agreed, in no way is it a fair comparison - be it MCC or SCC ... they're different animals by a long shot (for various reasons, some alluded to by @11th )

Are we really questioning "if you build it, they will come"? This city has an insatiable diet for condos. It doesn't matter where you build them.

Still a lot of vacant space in the area. I wonder how long it will take to be filled in.

After so many years of constructions, Commerce St. and Applewood Cres. extended North of Hwy 7.
And VIVA bus corridor is finished.
Probably, there are development plans for that area.
Meanwhile, enjoy driving in Vaughan.
1575401954060.png

Vaughan's plans call for a linear park to run between Apple Mill and New Park Place from just East of the 400 to the VMC Transit centre/Edgeley. Same goes for the area between the 400 and Applewood, it is being set aside for parkland. So that leaves a plot of land bordered by Commerce St, New Park Place, Applewood Cres, and Hwy 7 as a potential development. I don't see any active proposals for that area on PlanIt though.

Last edited:

Back