artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
A proposed self-storage on 3524 Dundas Street West!

Taken from DevApp:

"Proposal for a 6-storey self-storage facility having a non-residential gross floor area of 13711.15 square metres."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=FyK4HRfCc5xARzZZHrqQyw==

Currently, the proposed site is Beer Store:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
The area is ripe for residential intensification, but ok...
The area is yes, but residential uses are not particularly viable for this specific site. The property abuts a rail corridor which requires a 30m setback for residential uses, although this can be negotiated down to 20m, and as the D4 Assessment will show there is likely contamination from junk yard next door. A self-storage use maximizes the developable area of the property, utilizes a much lower parking rate than residential uses (which will negate the need for an underground parking garage), and does not have as strict standards for environmental remediation.

Does anyone know the story behind the large lot immediately to the east of the LCBO in the picture above? It's been fenced off forever, and for decades a couple of rotting, incredibly creepy looking houses stood there in advanced states of disrepair. A few years back they were finally demolished, but the "jungle" of overgrowth surrounding them was left untouched. Then, all of sudden, some diggers appeared out of nowhere this week and cleared the site. The mystery of this property has been driving me crazy for years!

2009:

New renderings are updated in the database! The only information changes is the total parking spaces from 14 parking spaces to 13 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval.

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 26  2021-13.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 26  2021-12.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 26  2021-11.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - East Elevation - NOV 26  2021.jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - South Elevation - NOV 26  2021.jpg

Renderings or Perspective Drawings - West Elevation (2 of 3) - NOV 26  2021.jpg

Renderings or Perspective Drawings - West Elevation (3 of 3) - NOV 26  2021.jpg

Attachments

• Renderings or Perspective Drawings - West Elevation (1 of 3) - NOV 26  2021.jpg
    Renderings or Perspective Drawings - West Elevation (1 of 3) - NOV 26 2021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Renault dealership??

Really surprised they didn't go residential here.

Re Mystery Lot - was a gas station/service centre that was abandoned then burnt. Probably had tanks etc

Renault dealership??

Really surprised they didn't go residential here.

That might be the plan long-term. I usually don't like these self-storage buildings, but living next to a scrapyard wouldn't be pleasant. The scrapyard might leave in the future. The self-storage building will serve as a buffer in the short-term future.

Last edited:
That might be the plan long-term. I usually don't like these self-storage buildings, but living next to a scrapyard wouldn't be pleasant. The scrapyard might leave in the future. The self-storage building will serve as a buffer in the short-term future.

That scrapyard is really a blight right at a major corner of Jane and Dundas. It fascinated me as a kid, but these days I don't think it's an appropriate location for it.

Just walked by and saw the Beer Store was closed so came here to see what was planned for the site expecting another condo/rental apartments like the new one a few hundred meters further east on Dundas...disappointing to see it is a storage centre but understand the rationale RE: the scrapyard

Back