It's ok let Darko take his time with this one, no one is in any rush to see it completed.

Well unless they're owning/renting that is, but asides from that he can take his sweet time for all we care.

The 12-storey Hotel currently in construction. if done the Hampton Inn Hotel will be opening before 110th CFL Grey Cup game in November
86CEA2C4-906C-43FA-8313-FC3D5DB9E793.jpeg

What the hell?? Are we conducting a desire path experiment?
At least it's not the plastic grass they put down on the townhouse side of this development.
It's all an embarrassment.

I suspect it's a temporary treatment until the LRT is built.. but still, just pour a simple concrete sidewalk if that is the case. This is going to have desire path issues from day 1.

The hotel's booking site is now open, allowing bookings from Friday September 29.

Standard base room rates through October range from $174 to $249 a night for Hilton members, and $199 to $284 for non-members. Standard base rate for the winter seems to be $149 for members, $172 for non-members.

The website also says the official address for the Hampton Inn is 7 Queen Street N

Obviously no photos of the hotel on the website yet, just placeholders to preview what the modernized Hampton Inn rooms look like.

Last edited:
What the hell?? Are we conducting a desire path experiment?
At least it's not the plastic grass they put down on the townhouse side of this development.
It's all an embarrassment.
I am going to have a walk around the townhouse side, likely the astroturf compliments the precast stone panels they had installed. This thin is going to need a lot of lipstick.

The hotel's booking site is now open, allowing bookings from Friday September 29.

Standard base room rates through October range from $174 to $249 a night for Hilton members, and $199 to $284 for non-members. Standard base rate for the winter seems to be $149 for members, $172 for non-members.

The website also says the official address for the Hampton Inn is 7 Queen Street N

Obviously no photos of the hotel on the website yet, just placeholders to preview what the modernized Hampton Inn rooms look like.
cheap for a Hampton Inn, at least compared to what I'm used to paying for one south of the border.

That does put it above the Sheraton downtown however.

I am going to have a walk around the townhouse side, likely the astroturf compliments the precast stone panels they had installed. This thin is going to need a lot of lipstick.
At the very least I think precast is easy to attach another type of siding to. Whether they will want to do so or not is another question. It will likely be a 50 year refab where they will cover the horrific precast, spandrel and other garbage. This is one of the most disappointing builds in the entire downtown, and across from one of the most architecturally valuable buildings. Platinum is no looker either, but damnit they tried a tad

What type of trees grow fast and have very large, building-hiding canopies. All that grass on the corner can serve as space for a new urban forest. Will see how the large tower comes together, not a high bar to beat this portion.

Back