This joke is played to death, if you can’t make a decent meal with a 4 burner stove and oven you’re just telling on yourself. Its not like this is Smart House on Queen W

View attachment 583025
Source

The oven looks fine.......but the amount of counter space does not. That would barely fit one cutting board. Where's all the mis going? (mis-en-place). Never mind if you need a stand mixer or a blender or a juicer....... and where's my french press going?

In all seriousness, I'm in an apartment with an old-school, small, galley kitchen. I don't have enough cupboard space or counter space, but I have more than that!

I converted an old broom closet to a pantry and have storage under the microwave, in the dining room. I haven't really resolved the counter conundrum, but I digress.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with ether. Building is fine, background, filler. Exactly the kind of fare that's on offer at Wendy's.

Going to differ here.

Not every building or meal will be a masterpiece.

Nothing wrong with 'good' as opposed to excellent or ostentatious.

But in the same way that a hamburger is fine for a meal, but should be 1/3 of a pound of ground chuck, grilled over real wood charcoal, and served over a garlic butter slathered, toasted onion-egg bun, with Kozlik's dijon mustard, thinly shaved red onion, and 2 slices of vine-ripened tomato...............

A building does need some minimum standards. While this isn't horrific............its not 'Social'.........it still falls short of the minimal standard to which we ought to aspire.

Which in culinary terms, is most certainly better than Wendy's. Burger's Priest is acceptable, if you have to come in below my standards. 😉

The oven looks fine.......but the amount of counter space does not. That would barely fit one cutting board. Where's all the mis going? (mis-en-place). Never mind if you need a stand mixer or a blender or a juicer....... and where's my french press going?

In all seriousness, I'm in an apartment with an old-school, small, galley kitchen. I don't have enough cupboard space or counter space, but I have more than that!

I converted an old broom closet to a pantry and have storage under the microwave, in the dining room. I haven't really resolved the counter conundrum, but I digress.

Yup. There's cooking and there's opening a box of food and heating it. That "kitchen" is indefensible.

Going to differ here.

Not every building or meal will be a masterpiece.

Nothing wrong with 'good' as opposed to excellent or ostentatious.

But in the same way that a hamburger is fine for a meal, but should be 1/3 of a pound of ground chuck, grilled over real wood charcoal, and served over a garlic butter slathered, toasted onion-egg bun, with Kozlik's dijon mustard, thinly shaved red onion, and 2 slices of vine-ripened tomato...............

A building does need some minimum standards. While this isn't horrific............its not 'Social'.........it still falls short of the minimal standard to which we ought to aspire.

Which in culinary terms, is most certainly better than Wendy's. Burger's Priest is acceptable, if you have to come in below my standards. 😉
Skillet / griddle > fire.

They always seems to design these places with a single occupant in mind when it comes to food prep. Which is great for a reclused Aro like myself, but it sucks for most others who are usually couples and/or have kids...the kitchen might as well be made for ants.

Back