Sad but true. Church St. is a dump, south of Carlton. IMHO, Reid Rossi totally missed the mark on his OMB decision here, and the fugliness of the cladding on this POS adds insult to injury. I prayyyyyy that The Village doesn't get swallowed up by this kind of garbage development.

The Village feels like a different world than what is south of it. Are they even allowed to build big there? I think it would make sense if there were a 5 story limit there. treat it like Queen West or Ossington.

I just can't wait for this tower to fill up with people who will call in noise complaints during Pride and other noisy nights.
/s

This is insulting.

Like Radio City (80% LGBTQ) and other towers in the area, the population will be predominantly LGBTQ with some students added in given teh small size of some units. I doubt there will be any significant impact on Pride apart from maybe adding to the crowds.

I suspect there will be quite a few students in this one - like other condos in the area, it was largely marketed as an investment project to rent out to students. Pace has been very successful with that market given the lack of housing around Ryerson, and now there are a bunch of condos aiming for that. Grid Condos is being built very specifically for that, including study spaces in its amenity areas.

Like Radio City (80% LGBTQ) and other towers in the area, the population will be predominantly LGBTQ with some students added in given teh small size of some units. I doubt there will be any significant impact on Pride apart from maybe adding to the crowds.

Do we have actual numbers on that?

Radio City has some great looking townhouses. Always liked that project.

Clunker. Today:

DSC01881.JPG
DSC01884.JPG
DSC01885.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01881.JPG
    DSC01881.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC01884.JPG
    DSC01884.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC01885.JPG
    DSC01885.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 765
Today, growing:
Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.46.42 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.48.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.46.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.46.42 PM.png
    821.3 KB · Views: 570
  • Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.48.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-09-02 at 5.48.50 PM.png
    708.3 KB · Views: 558
OK, UrbanToronto forumers, I am going to have to do something just for the satisfaction of knowing that I (we) tried our best to let developers and architect firms know that a lot of what is being put up in Toronto just sucks! I mean, what is this building supposed to be??? This type of low-grade building is barely seen even in the distant suburbs and we see it in the heart of our downtown! Since most of you know the names of developers and architects better than I do, I am requesting that you list all the developers and architect firms' names that you would like to see be contacted via email and request them to stop using grey spandrel and minimize the use of excessive mullions. I know it's a silly thing to do (as why would they care, let alone even read an email from me), but I still want to let them know how detrimental their developments are to the public realm of this city (and especially in the greater downtown area). So, if you don't mind, please reply back with a list or send me a personal message. Thanks (and no, I'm not that crazy, I just want to call them out on it even if it goes nowhere). By the way, my critique email will be professional and will attempt to ask them to take a deeper look at what they're putting up rather than just complaining.

I support collective action and I think we need to stay on developers' cases about the buildings they put up - which have a huge impact on the look/feel of our city.

However I can assure you that no architecture office is going to bother to read someone's critique of the materials that developers are forcing them to use. They're either the type of firm that doesn't care and does whatever developers want, or they are a firm that works hard to put up the best work possible and already work very hard to convince their clients to design and build to the highest standard. I don't mean to sound rude but I'm not sure what the benefit of an email would be to an architecture office, and they will certainly be too busy to respond.

Thanks, Modernizt! What you're saying makes sense but then at a minimum, I would like to send an email to the developers (even if it's not read).

Back