New renderings are updated in the database. The storey count went from 35 to 32, the height dropped from 116.12m to 108.0m. The parking count reduced from 171 to 161 and the unit count went from 329 units to 303 units.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning Submission application.

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 19  2021-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 19  2021-47.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 19  2021-48.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 19  2021-50.jpg
PLN - Architectural Plans - OCT 19  2021-51.jpg

Huge improvement over the earlier version! Amdev just needs to budget for quality exterior materials, and the full length windows as shown, and keep this from turning this into a mullion-fest. If they do opt for quality, this will be amongst the best looking buildings in that area.

Meanwhile, 4 townhomes at street level have been replace with commercial space.

There are also these elevations:

Northeast (facing Beamish)
4BeamishElevNE960.jpg

Northwest facing Bloor (although there are properties adjacent, first)
4BeamishElevNW960.jpg

Southeast, with a POPs connecting Beamish to the Six Points Plaza
4BeamishElevSE960.jpg

Southwest facing Six Points Plaza's parking lot
4BeamishElevSW960.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, is that a 2000 Audi RS4 Avant that I spy? A bit of a unicorn in these parts. They usually use late model luxury cars in condo renders, but I think there might be a car nerd behind these ones. Also as far as G+C goes, this isn't too bad. Has potential, especially for that area as interchange mentions.

The ground floor simply isn't good enough. Needs articulation and some pushing and pulling. It's definitely and improvement and a welcomed addition considering the previous ideas here.

At this point it's nothing more than a cute form. Everything depends on how it's detailed, and given G+C's consistent inability to deliver on anything, I'm not holding my breath.

It does look a bit like a B5, @egotrippin! Hard to tell conclusively at that scale though.
Sadly you're probably right in that regard. I imagine this part of the city commands lower $PSF too, so the detailing will reflect that.

Just the addition of retail improves this significantly. It made zero sense given the location especially with the plans for the area for there to be no retail. It's right in between six points plaza (which is the current central gathering place for the area) and the new civic centre. It's nearly on the new dundas alignment pedestrian walkway.

New renderings are updated in the database. The total story count changed from 32 storeys to 52 storeys. The full height changed from 108.00m to 173.5m. The overall unit count increased from 303 units to 520 units & finally total parking space count increased from 161 parking to 203 parking.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via the Rezoning application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022-37.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - AUG 18  2022-40.jpg

This new tower hieght missed my radar LOL! What a simple but affective looking building with punctured windows and rounded corners as seen in the photos just up above !

Cover letter and application form both indicate "Triage Development Corp" and mention Craig Hunter. I think this is the same consulting planner Craig Hunter of Hunter & Associates. The cover letter is signed by Saba Haie, whose LinkedIn says he is a Planner at Hunter & Associates. The planning rationale is by a different firm (BrookMcIlroy) which makes sense; a developer should not write their own planning rationale, even when possessing the requisite expertise.

Here is the ownership information. Looks like there is some non-upfront-cash consideration happening for 4 & 6 Beamish, such as a density bonus structure or shared equity structure with the previous landowners. If true, this helps the IRR and helps reduce the tax burden.

View attachment 209841

View attachment 209842

View attachment 209843

EDIT: Typos

So what happened with 12 Beamish? I'm surprised this wasn't included in this development.

Seems like that detached house is going to be sandwiched between this development and theppening at development hasix points Plaza.

With all the recent action beginning to take shape in the area with construction...wondering what's happening with this development?

Back