400 Wellington St. West Condo (Sorbara)

In honour of "casaguy", I thought I would show my allegiance to this project and provide updates as construction progresses the next couple of years. The previous thread was closed so that is the reason this one was created (moderator, you may merge if you so desire). I have no ties whatsoever with the developer, just an excited purchaser wanting this project to be built as soon as possible. The project is led by Sorbara Developments and is located just west of Spadina on the north side of Wellington Street West. The sales centre is in Sixty Lofts complex at Bathurst and Wellington.

Building Stats:
- 102 residential units with commercial at grade
- 12 storey building, building height of 37.77m (approved)
- 136 parking spaces, residential and visitors

Sales and Construction Schedule:
- Sales began spring 2008
- Occupancy Fall 2010/Winter 2011

Below are pics of site from yesterday, one from the Globe and Mail parking lot. Hoarding has gone up on the site. Hopefully, the shoring equipment will be showing up soon!:D

northviewoct52008ga5.jpg

northeastviewoct52008gk5.jpg

I have no idea why the thread was closed. It is now open for business again, and your post has been merged with it. Thanks, and we look forward to the updates!

The recent hoarding that went up is now covered in graphics so I'm guessing construction should be starting soon?

Went by the sales office and the lady there told me the development is about 25% sold, and that all the development applications and permits had been approved.

Went by the sales office and the lady there told me the development is about 25% sold, and that all the development applications and permits had been approved.

Only 25% sold?? this project has been in the market for more than a year

Sorbara's sales approach has been very low key, as with their other projects. Considering that the other upcoming developments on Wellington (west of Spadina and east of Portland) are all million-dollar suites buildings, this should be a winner with some incentives and more agressive marketing. Perhaps they are waiting for the "right time" before they spend more money to attract folks to their sales centre.

The broker at the sales office mentioned there wasn't a strong advertisement blitz on the project yet, with the sales centre's location mentioned only on the on the actual site. She mentioned that the marketing approach will be put into high gear on a later date.

Given the prices for the units though, I too am surprised not more units were sold.

Update Bump!

I am back and have been away for awhile. As far as the latest rumours are concerned, Sorbara's marketing reps in the sales office on Bathurst are talking about a potential construction start in September but that is unreliable.

I know that my agreement was extended to the end of the year before Sorbara could cancel but it would be nice to know if anyone out there can confirm a fall start or any other rumours.

Some suites are still being advertised on MLS and the sales office is still open, but marketing is still uber low key. Let's get on with it!

400WellingtonGuy

Just wanted to bump this thread up.

Does anyone have any news regarding this project? When it first came out, I was excited about this development ..vibrant location and decent floorplans.

I haven't seen any ads or promotions for this project for roughly 6months.

I'm guessing Sorbara has a 'wait and see' approach. :confused:

Last edited:
A fellow buyer talked to a Sorbara Rep recently and they are supposedly looking at varying marketing strategies. My guess is that they are trying to crystal ball whether or not they need to drop their pants on some suites (a la fly condos or liberty market lofts) to increase the traffic or wait it out and stick to the plan.

I am hoping to see some action in September. As you said, great location and floorplans.

for those who bought. How much negotiating power did you have?

I know generally speaking lockers are thrown in but did any of you have any success with negotiations on parking?

I like this building a lot but it looks like this building may not be available for 2 years. Not that it's a bad thing but I'm getting married next year and am starting to look for a home.

Back