Doesn't take too many public consultations or dances with local Councillors/City Planning to get completely dishearten by the process. Especially when a developer is trying to do cool stuff. Having said that...you don't need to mis-quote Brad to make him sound like a complete prick....he does that all by himself. Shame b/c he is very intelligent and has done some nice projects.

you don't need to mis-quote Brad to make him sound like a complete prick....he does that all by himself. Shame b/c he is very intelligent and has done some nice projects.

Perhaps that's why he has been successful in doing those projects. Some of the most accomplished people in history got there due to their lack of compromise.

Pic taken April 7, 2017

ZPs6koO.jpg

Trying to reach one, in any case.

For whatever reason, those renderings have not changed to reflect the 19-storey resubmission.

The rest of the database file has been updated with new height, new number of units, and new new of parking spaces.

I do not believe so. At the OMB pre-hearing on July 27, it was announced that Lamb Development had submitted revised plans, with the reduction to 19 floors, just a week earlier - the reason other parties to the hearing had not been able to respond to the most recent version of the application.

Update: https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/wellington-house/
January, 2018
The Zoning By-law Amendment has been appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) and a hearing date has been scheduled for Oct 29, 2018. A decision is anticipated by Q1-2019 and a construction start most likely by Q2/Q3-2019. Due to recent changes to the planning appeal legislation, this will most likely be one of the latter applications which will be considered by the OMB.

Hope it gets built as is.

I am about as far from a NIMBY as they come but I feel the form of this proposal is not appropriate. It's the depth of the north-south slab face that bothers me, not the height. This condition is caused by the long, skinny lots on the north side of Wellington. I like the design and the treatment of the heritage house, including moving it in line with the street wall.

Back