I don't quite understand the car access. It seems that the only entrance is south on Bayview. So someone getting out of the 401 West.. has no access without doing a U-turn at Sheppard?

What about someone exiting the condo, they can only go to Bayview south?

I've downloaded the Transportation Impact Study and it doesn't seem to be adressed, or I don't understand it.
So I am not the only one who was contemplating U-turns on Bayview.
There will be a similar situation on the south-east corner, the current "Y" at 567 Sheppard Avenue East.
< https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5422924&pid=440378 >

Go to the thread for 567 Sheppard Avenue East.

A new crossing of the 401 is needed to take strain off Bayview, so that you can accommodate greater density.

Likewise, Willowdale station needs to be built.

Ideally in that corner, you would punch a new opening to Bayvew, but w/the interchange so close, I don't think its feasible, at least not without a radical redesign of the current interchange.

Err,... the high traffic volume at Bayview-401 interchange,... isn't from density near Bayview & Sheppard,... but actually from density along Yonge corridor in North York Centre - many of these drivers have given up on Yonge-401 interchange, especially the Southbound Yonge to Eastbound 401 left turn, so they'll drive 2km east to use Bayview-401 interchange where Southbound Bayview to Eastbound 401 is free-flowing 270 degree reverse jug-handle ramp!

Err,... nobody is "punching" any side-streets onto Bayview! While these side-streets and Bayview along with Sheppard are City of Toronto municipal roadways,.... the Province, specifically the MTO, has higher jurisdiction here! For any roadway that connects to 401 interchange, the MTO has higher jurisdiction along that Major Arterial Road for 500m from the interchange! This is why the site to the south, 2810 Bayview, was NOT allowed driveway exit onto Bayview - MTO won't allow it!
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...osmington-gerofsky-kirkor.29971/#post-1756639

Here,... the current ESSO gas station already has an exit/entrance on Bayview,... and thus, the proposal maintain that Bayview exit/entrance,... it's hard for the MTO to deny an exit/entrance that already exist,...

The current ESSO gas station also already has an entrance/exit on Sheppard,... but here, this entrance/exit is being denied by the City,... since this summer, the City plans to put in double right turn lanes for Eastbound Sheppard to Southbound Bayview,.... to handle the high volume of traffic diverting themselves from the high-density Yonge Corridor!

Err,... the high traffic volume at Bayview-401 interchange,... isn't from density near Bayview & Sheppard,... but actually from density along Yonge corridor in North York Centre - many of these drivers have given up on Yonge-401 interchange, especially the Southbound Yonge to Eastbound 401 left turn, so they'll drive 2km east to use Bayview-401 interchange where Southbound Bayview to Eastbound 401 is free-flowing 270 degree reverse jug-handle ramp!

Err,... nobody is "punching" any side-streets onto Bayview! While these side-streets and Bayview along with Sheppard are City of Toronto municipal roadways,.... the Province, specifically the MTO, has higher jurisdiction here! For any roadway that connects to 401 interchange, the MTO has higher jurisdiction along that Major Arterial Road for 500m from the interchange! This is why the site to the south, 2810 Bayview, was NOT allowed driveway exit onto Bayview - MTO won't allow it!
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...osmington-gerofsky-kirkor.29971/#post-1756639

Here,... the current ESSO gas station already has an exit/entrance on Bayview,... and thus, the proposal maintain that Bayview exit/entrance,... it's hard for the MTO to deny an exit/entrance that already exist,...

The current ESSO gas station also already has an entrance/exit on Sheppard,... but here, this entrance/exit is being denied by the City,... since this summer, the City plans to put in double right turn lanes for Eastbound Sheppard to Southbound Bayview,.... to handle the high volume of traffic diverting themselves from the high-density Yonge Corridor!

Useful info and insight as always............. even if you were a bit pokey coming by.......... I was just thinking the other day, how long a vacation is SunnyRay on? LOL

Back