This tower will not be happening anytime soon. The rezoning application was done to maximize the value of the property moving forward, so that some day when they do want to build, the zoning is in place. Watch for changes coming for Holt Renfrew though.

This tower will not be happening anytime soon. The rezoning application was done to maximize the value of the property moving forward, so that some day when they do want to build, the zoning is in place. Watch for changes coming for Holt Renfrew though.

Thank heavens - hopefully they'd find someone more capable to realize a higher quality design. The proposed tower is in the realm of Uptown, not 1 Bloor East or (perhaps West).

AoD

Well, I'd argue that. The current design (not reflected in the UT database yet) is astronomically better than the previous design. You know, the one with the curved profile, curtain wall glazing, ceramic frit patters and vertical fins?

Well, I'd argue that. The current design (not reflected in the UT database yet) is astronomically better than the previous design. You know, the one with the curved profile, curtain wall glazing, ceramic frit patters and vertical fins?

Curved profile, curtain wall, ceramic frit and fins is not sufficient evidence of excellence - just look down the street to Aura. That said, I do look forward to seeing updated renderings.

AoD

Well, it's not so much as there's no rendering yet

As I've said they are not pursuing building the tower at the moment. Images can be found in this thread some pages back for the last version that went before Council for approval, but they aren't high quality marketing type renderings, and combined with the lack of intention to build them at this point, we never added them to the dataBase file, not wanting to create false expectations.

There will be some movement on the Holt Renfrew portion this year. Plans for it have to take into account that a tower could be built in the future, but what they decide regarding Holts will also have an impact on the tower in the future.

I've gone back into both the preliminary and final reports, and it turns out that the figure of 83 storeys included mechanical up top, so yes, the original tower would have been counted as 80 storeys should it have been realized.

I have altered the dataBase to refer to 70 storeys for the approved zoning amendment instead of 71. In the approved plan, that top floor is mechanical again. I am updating the thread title too of course, but remember…

Morguard are not moving on a tower here at this time.

I've gone back into both the preliminary and final reports, and it turns out that the figure of 83 storeys included mechanical up top, so yes, the original tower would have been counted as 80 storeys should it have been realized.

I have altered the dataBase to refer to 70 storeys for the approved zoning amendment instead of 71. In the approved plan, that top floor is mechanical again. I am updating the thread title too of course, but remember…

Morguard are not moving on a tower here at this time.

no. this should be 71 storeys, not 70. change it back. the two-level PH unit spans the 70th and 71st floors.

I came across a shiny render of the current design that I had never seen before.
I am on mobile so I can only post a link:
http://www.nomisdigital.com/#/architecture/

50Bloor_NightView_Brighter.jpg

*Mods please delete this post if the render had already been posted.

Looks better than the previous renderings, but still pretty bland and dated. What's that building on their website (3rd project from the top, uder the architecture tab)?

Attachments

• tfile_big_images_5.jpg
    tfile_big_images_5.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 1,263

Back