Pretty prime location in NYCC, wonder if First Capital will go with mixed-use including office space or just condos with retail. They should be able to easily go 40+ storeys here.

This site is within North York Centre Secondary Plan area:
- where there is generally a 100m height limit (usually 30 storey) and 4.5 FSI density limit
- sites near major intersections with direct subway connection may be granted more height (up to 160m like HullmarkCentre, 4800 Yonge, Emerald Park, Gibson Square) and up to 6.0 FSI density by paying a higher rate of Section 37 Community Benefit for the portion above 100m height & 4.5FSI density.
That said, this site does not have direct subway connection; thus, limited by City to 4.5FSI density & 100m height which usually have about 30 storey,.... unless they start cutting ceiling height to fit in more storeys! Developer might be able to get slightly more height & density at OMB,... but 40+ storey here is highly unlikely

Addititional drilling yesterday.

IMG_7714.JPG

5051-5061 YONGE ST
Ward 18: Willowdale

Development Applications

Official Plan and Zoning By Law Amendment application to permit a 42-storey mixed-use building. The Proposed Development includes non-residential uses in the first 6-storeys, with grade related retail located along Yonge Street between Hillcrest Avenue and Elmwood Ave, and a residential tower above.

lol damn, just pick one facade style and stick with it. The non-balcony fin look could have been quite nice if it covered the whole tower.

The podium is fine and it looks like it treats the street with respect, the proper scale and detailing. The tower though?: I am not sure how they could have made it more of a mess.

My first impression was "hideous".

I agree with @alklay , the podium seems to respect the street.

I'm not sure it's an improvement on what's there though.

Back