Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Pla...rd8/Pages/520-and-526-Big-Bay-Point-Road.aspx

Type of ApplicationDate Application ReceivedStatus
Zoning By-law Amendment
File: D30-006-2021
May 25, 2021Under Review

Around the corner from South District.

"Proposal: Change in land use from single detached residential (R1) to residential apartment with special provisions (RA1-2)(SP-XXX) to facilitate the development of a 6 storey, 46 unit apartment building."

To faciliate development on these lands, an application to remove the Hold provision is required. This application has been received and is pending approval in coordination with the remainder of the lands now known municipally as 447 Bayview Drive, as well as consideration for future Park Place development. A Traffic Impact Study is required to remove the Hold. This study is attached below, and has been approved in principle by City Staff and MTO. "

No renderings yet.

Streetview:

1.JPG

Back