A 616 (less when you subtract the stupid hallway) 2B? That's gonna be a nah from me, dawg...

1669127414511.png

Hate to be a pain in the neck, but aren't you always advocating for Hong Kong style development, PE? Well this is the kind of sizes you're looking at and often much smaller.

Hate to be a pain in the neck, but aren't you always advocating for Hong Kong style development, PE? Well this is the kind of sizes you're looking at and often much smaller.
I do, yes. In that vein, size is relative. Legal apartments in HK require a window in every room (including kitchens, bathrooms, etc.). This leads to some pretty wild plan permutations, but the living spaces within are (the majority of the time) superior. I'd much rather live and raise children in this (for example), than most of the garbage we get here.

merton_t1_7-62_floorplan.gif

I do, yes. In that vein, size is relative. Legal apartments in HK require a window in every room (including kitchens, bathrooms, etc.). This leads to some pretty wild plan permutations, but the living spaces within are (the majority of the time) superior. I'd much rather live and raise children in this (for example), than most of the garbage we get here.

merton_t1_7-62_floorplan.gif

I stopped by this thread for an update, but noticed this post, which I missed back when....

Interesting.

@ProjectEnd do you know how close or far the above would be to complying with Toronto's Tall Building Guidelines?

ie. floorplate size etc.

Also, based on what you said above, does everyone's bathroom have a window into everyone's bathroom? Seems a bit kinky/voyeuristic......

So, why I popped in here in the first place...

This one was the subject of a confidential (now public) settlement offer at the July meeting of Council. That offer was accepted (adopted) without amendment.

@Art Tsai Notable changes are shown below, but height is slashed to 20s, and a number of other changes ensue. No new renders, but new site plans/massing.

The Cover Letter:

From the above:

1691163119357.png

1691163144875.png

1691163178612.png

1691163219587.png

1691163253379.png

1691163294857.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1691163336550.png

I'm happy with these settlements the city has come up with, to both this site and the one at the south east corner of Bayview and Broadway.
Another retail unit on Eglinton is nice, this will be the first new one on the strip in decades.

Back