Looks nice! Is it possible that interesting buildings in a range of colours will actually be a trend? CentreCourt and IBI keep being a great combo.

really like the pedestrian level treatment here. It's legible, nods to the area's history, brings some colour variation, and breaks up the facade with a variety of materials/lighting. Hoping this part doesn't get watered down in future revisions.

They were processing sales agreements til 1:30am over the weekend. Apparently sold out most of the building already!

IMG_20200223_1806542.jpg
IMG_20200223_1824015.jpg

I'm impressed at how well Centrecourt has been doing, in particular in how quickly their process has been from approval to completion, although I wonder about how the build quality fares given that speed.

So it's official - there goes Wayne Gretzky's and Second City, in one fell swoop. Two Toronto icons.
Yup maybe?...seems like the city is now speeding up permits in tough times,
..we'll now see which developments will break ground and which ones will ride it out?

Last edited:
The iconic-ness of Gretzky's throughout time is debatable. While Second City have already confirmed to be moving to a new home at One York Street in South Core.

The final performance at the Mercer location was supposed to be scheduled for November 2020, but I wonder if they may be moving up the demolition with the Covid situation going on.

Wayne Gretzky's was an icon? Wayne Gretzky was, but I don't know about the bar with the patio. What makes it iconic? The name?
Honestly Oasis was a pretty sweet rooftop bar (Not that Oasis). Really loved it a few summers ago when I could take a ride down the elevator and hop between Mascot and Oasis.

The iconic-ness of Gretzky's throughout time is debatable. While Second City have already confirmed to be moving to a new home at One York Street in South Core.

The final performance at the Mercer location was supposed to be scheduled for November 2020, but I wonder if they may be moving up the demolition with the Covid situation going on.

Glad that it's surviving!
Wishing it stayed in the Entertainment District :( There was a rumour it was going into the Well but I guess not...

Looks like this will take up the old Nobu showroom in 8 Mercer when we’re back to normal:

from the photos of the sales above it looks like the old Nobu sales centre was already in use. The interior looks to be the same.

Back