Yesterday.
20425AF9-E4F6-42C5-92FE-EC6CE671473C.jpeg
963C9CAE-552F-4CB6-AB2C-1FD3468C027B.jpeg

From Wednesday, Aug. 12 when the shoring tower showed up. Lots of trucks on the street this morning, though not sure if for 55C or the Madison project. Busy times on Charles!

55C Aug. 12.jpg

^ Thanks for the link (assume the render below is 55C).

I continue to backtrack my "fail" posts about this one, after reading 'curtainwall', 'stainless steel' etc. This may be one of those times when the final execution/materials is far better than the database renders.

Tower-2-1.jpg

https://www.reminetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/Tower-2-1.jpg

Ground breaks on 55C Bloor Yorkville Residences

I walked past that event. I haven't gone to ground-breaking ceremonies since 2010 but this one seemed particularly discounted. Random pile of dirt in the corner, no carpets or boards (so plenty of ladies stumbling in heals on gravel, and a tiny gelato kiosk.

I walked past that event. I haven't gone to ground-breaking ceremonies since 2010 but this one seemed particularly discounted. Random pile of dirt in the corner, no carpets or boards (so plenty of ladies stumbling in heals on gravel, and a tiny gelato kiosk.
Well, we are technically in a recession (despite record high housing prices).

Well, we are technically in a recession (despite record high housing prices).

All the more reason to celebrate; they have locked in sales and potentially a slightly lower than expected construction cost.

MODs Waterworks building may be a little more fragile but the timing seems pretty great for them on this one.

All the more reason to celebrate; they have locked in sales and potentially a slightly lower than expected construction cost.

MODs Waterworks building may be a little more fragile but the timing seems pretty great for them on this one.
Construction cost are actually on the rise due to shortage of different construction materials.

Last edited:

Back