Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A completed 6-storey wood frame, mixed-use condominium & 3-storey stacked townhouse designed by Q4 Architects for Mattamy Homes (operating as "Wykland Estates Inc") on the east side of Bur Oak Avenue, south of Rustle Woods Avenue in Markham's Cornell neighbourhood.

Renderings / site plan:
Report-14.jpg

Report-15.jpg

Report-13.jpg

How it turned out:
Q4A_Cornell-01_cq6Zakc.jpg

1681140818519.png

More images here: https://q4architects.com/projects/cornell-centre-mid-rise-ph-2/

Interestingly enough this condo (and its sister building next to it) have balconies equipped with sliding glass panels that can convert the space into fully-enclosed sun rooms (like the failed Bazis proposal for 1 Bloor East). I wish this feature was more commonly available - can’t seem to think of any other projects where this was utilized?

Last edited:
Interestingly enough this condo (and its sister building next to it) have balconies equipped with sliding glass panels that can convert the space into fully-enclosed sun rooms (like the failed Bazis proposal for 1 Bloor East). I wish this feature was more commonly available - can’t seem to think of any other projects where this was utilized?
it doesn't happen as those balconies are then counted in the building FSI's and tower floorplates. i.e. it's not "free" space like many think of it as. It probably happened here as these buildings are under the maximum densities permitted so it wasn't a big deal to have extra floor space counted than would otherwise have been.

Back