100% agreed.

The above is not typical of how these things work.

A fairly standard package the City arrives at would look something like

- 6 months notice minimum
- you're welcome to relocate on your own
- a moving allowance may be provided
- you have the right of return for comparable rent
- typically relocation assistance is available (the builder or an agency they hire will help you find somewhere comparable);
- for vulnerable tenants and or those for whom comparable rent can't be found, the difference in cost is often picked by the builder for the term of construction (if you choose not to move back, you would have to pay market rent where you moved to)

Not every package is equally generous; though the right of return and ample notice are a feature of virtually all of them, as per the law.

That's certainly not to suggest we could not or should not do better; but the typical scenario isn't one of 'abandoning' tenants to the wilds of the market.
...well I can least concede it's something and a start..while agreeing it needs to be better.

Big changes here:

1698688066504.png

1698688101393.png

1698688141480.png

Revised Site Plan:

1698688220606.png

1698688339733.png

1698688361705.png

1698688391758.png

Comments:

Still meh; but nonetheless, much better.

The park is still worthless, ............sigh.

But the 2-tower configuration is a material improvement.

Elevator Ratio: Between the 2 towers, 11 elevators serving 1,438 units. 0.76 elevators per 100 units.

The Streetscape Plan is still wrong, from my perspective, placing the landscaping between the sidewalk and the towers, but leaving the sidewalk un-buffered from the adjacent road.

Last edited:
haha once again @Northern Light, you comment as I edit the file.

Storey count changed from 45, 40 and 35-storey to 59 & 59-storey. The total unit count changed from 1283 units to 1559 units. Car parking changed from 217 parking to 235 parking. Finally, the total bike parking increased from 1286 bike parking to 1560 bike parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via rezoning submission.

This is massive for a side street. Holy cow.
I'm not a big fan of losing a 15 floor apartment tower when SFH are so close, but I understand it's the yellowbelt and its issues, even if it's beside this apartment neighbourhood.
This area is going to be very dense in a few decades.

Resubmission again in January '24

@Paclo is flagged.

I see a decline in unit numbers, that should please @ProjectEnd

Unit total is now 1,253

Elevators at 13

Average unit size is still atrocious. 3bdrm at ~915ft2 *Bed mates to be placed in stackers.
1710774554078.png

These up the ante on the dystopian built environment developing here. Plus side, Buying out 123 Eglinton is becoming a reality.

As per the elevations, the Elevator Machine Room should add 2 or 2 1/2 metres to the height, making it approx. 199 metres.

I forgot to call @Paclo to take a look at this.

61 Brownlow.png

Last edited:
Flagging @Paclo to check out the height of these ones. Please see post # 42.

The top of the elevator machine rooms protrude exactly 2.95m above the top of the mechanical penthouse, so the heights in the database have been revised to 199.55 & 187.34m.

* Note to all architects: please mark the topmost protrusions of your buildings in section/elevation drawings!

Back