Using the same SLR camera as before; and always reset my images to .jpg.

But. for some reason UT was having an issue where if Copy/Pasted a .jpg; UT turned it back into a .png (much larger file)

If that has stopped, awesome!
Still png's...but for whatever reason they load real fast now. Perhaps the way it was posted cause some browser to trip a memory leak or something...whatever it was, it's entirely cleared up now. So I'm good.

....but for the record and joking a side, I don't blame the poster for putting up something that slows things up my end. That's not their fault. Nor is it something they can really do anything about. So you are good too! <3

For all the (often justified) critique of facadism on UT, I think it's been done properly and used to very good effect here.
Too bad the building hasn't been maintained over the years within its original glory though. Very handsome building back in its day.
272097606_10166221715280714_2722481281907971647_n.jpg

I love the light blue at street level on the one section. In general, the variation of colours for the retail is excellent, and is something really lacking from the retail of most modern developments. It makes the units feel distinct and separate, plus provides visual interest as a pedestrian. So happy with how this has turned out.
Kind of remind me of what Hullmark did with 46-54 Ossington tbh. Let's hope for some interesting, varied retailers.
img_6275-jpg.305830

Yikes, I never realized just how much they hemmed in the old Tom Jones Steakhouse building; seems almost spiteful. Would've been nice if they chamfered the corner similarly to give a better view to the old building, it has such a charming facade.

I saw speculation on facebook that the Tom Jones is being renovated to house a law firm. Not sure if that's verified in any way, though.

I saw speculation on facebook that the Tom Jones is being renovated to house a law firm. Not sure if that's verified in any way, though.
The latest permit seems to be:

Application:
Building Additions/Alterations
Inspection
TORONTO M5E 1L8
Ward 13: Toronto Centre
Application#:
21 183739 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date:
Aug 12, 2021
Project:
Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats
Work:
Interior Alterations
Description:
Interior alterations of the 3 storey restaurant building, existing stairs to be replaced. Existing building height and ceiling height to remain.

I have never actually been inside. Did the restaurant previously occupy all three floors?

I am looking forward to seeing what retail comes to the Google building. It looks really nice from the street, and with the right businesses could really liven up that stretch of King. Hopefully we don't get a bank, cannabis shop and A&W/Popeyes.

Once I'm back in the office I'm going to miss that little food court that was at Yonge and King. Even though it was mostly small chains, the kothu roti at the Sri Lankan place was amazing. All of their food was, really.

Back